MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

162659-iphoto_9_postcard_email_500.jpg

Apple today released iPhoto 9.1.1, bringing a number of minor new features and fixes to the company's consumer-grade photo editing and management application included in iLife '11. Among the most prominent features included in the update are new email options for using third-party email programs, new themes for photo emails, and the ability to easily resize photos when attaching them to emails.
This update adds new email options to iPhoto '11. It also improves overall stability and addresses a number of other minor issues. Specific fixes include:

- Adds a preference allowing photos to be emailed using an external email application
- Adds "Classic" and "Journal" themes to email.
- Photos attached to an email can now be sized to Small, Medium or Large
- Improves reliability when upgrading a library from an earlier version of iPhoto
- iPhoto now correctly preserves the sort order of Events after upgrading a library
- Event titles displayed in headers can now be edited in Photos view
- Addresses a problem that could cause duplicate photos to be added to a MobileMe album
- Scrolling overlay now correctly displays ratings when photos are sorted by rating
- Photos are now sorted correctly when a rating is changed and photos are sorted by rating
- Fixes a problem that could cause text formatting controls to become inaccessible when editing a calendar
Apple released iPhoto 9 as part of the iLife '11 package in late October, but had to quickly release iPhoto 9.0.1 the following week to address issues with data loss for some customers upgrading to the new version. In early November, Apple released iPhoto 9.1 to restore support for photo calendars that had gone missing in the initial iPhoto 9 release and to include support for new holiday-themed letterpress cards.

iPhoto 9.1.1 weighs in at 62.09 MB and requires Mac OS X 10.6.3 or later.

Article Link: Apple Releases iPhoto 9.1.1 With New Email Options

rmwebs

macrumors 68040
Apr 6, 2007
Yay....more stuff that the non-existant happy family market will love! :D

Comment

sza

Suspended
Dec 21, 2010
How about the missing "Reveal in Finder" in the right click menu??:confused::confused:

Comment

Small White Car

macrumors G4
Aug 29, 2006
Washington DC
Did they add back the simple "attach to e-mail" option?

The web-like themed e-mails are cute but removing the basic "attach" function was a big mistake.

I don't use iPhoto anymore anyawy, but for the folks that do I'm hope that that's what this update means.

(I think you can make it happen by dragging the photo to 'Mail' on the dock, but come on...there's a giant 'E-Mail' button in iPhoto. It should do that!)

Comment

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
Did they fix the full screen mode yet? How about the ability to compare photos?

Comment

BTW

macrumors 6502
Mar 4, 2007
Shouldn't iLife now be verion 10.0 now. That's a major feature add. :p:D

Comment

GimmeSlack12

macrumors 603
Apr 29, 2005
San Francisco
Did they fix the full screen mode yet? How about the ability to compare photos?

The compare option has always been in iphoto '11. When viewing a picture, command (or shift) click another picture in the picture previews at the bottom. You can now compare as many pics as you want now (not just 2).

Thank god they put back in the email with external program back in. The iPhoto theme emails is so stupid.

Comment

Sky Blue

Jan 8, 2005
The compare option has always been in iphoto '11. When viewing a picture, command (or shift) click another picture in the picture previews at the bottom. You can now compare as many pics as you want now (not just 2).

Doesn't work for me, just shows the pick I cmd click on?

Comment

lws

macrumors newbie
May 14, 2008
You can always just grab all the photos you want to send and drop them on the Mail.app icon on the dock. Easy.

About the "Reveal in Finder", yeah, thats missing. And I don't like it. Actually I don't like the right click menu look at all.

But whats wrong with the fullscreen mode?

Comment

sladey

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2008
Sydney, Australia
Haven't tried the update yet, but...

I'm one of those who had the trash problem which could potentially delete the entire library.

Apple support couldn't help, but the support guy at iPhoto Library Manager (3rd party software) solved the problem instantly. That software rocks!

Library back to operational.

Comment

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003

You can ONLY do that when you turn on the editing sidebar, which takes up 20% of the screen. (Plus the top and bottom bars which cannot be hidden and take up 10% of the vertical space.)

But whats wrong with the fullscreen mode?

There is no way to hide the top and bottom toolbars. There is no way to view or compare photos full screen without a bunch of crap on the sides and top. iPhoto '09 let you hide everything and the editing tools were in a small floating window rather than a giant sidebar.

Comment

omgo

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2010
and how can I zoom to picture in iphoto/aperture?? is there any way? not some stupid lupe thing, normally zoom to the whole picture? or in finder,preview,quicklook..anything, thank you

Comment

hofer

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
In the App Store?

I am holding out on buying iLife '11 to see if Apple will sell the applications separately in the app store. iPhoto is the only one I use on a regular basis. I have no use for an app like Garageband, so why do I have to pay for it?

Comment

SoGood

macrumors 6502
Apr 9, 2003
I turned my 'auto update' off in preferences. I'll not be an early adopter again - if ever with iPhoto.

There's a basic computer process called "Back Up". Without it, all bits and bytes turn to etherware... Eventually.

Comment

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
Upgraded to '09 a week back and sold my copy of '11. Feel sorry for them still on iLife '11.

EDIT: Oh wait... I've just realised that iLife '11 is the new one. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.