Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

TallManNY

macrumors 601
Nov 5, 2007
I hope this helps. I've been downloading a lot of stuff lately (GF going crazy with TV shows on Apple TV and, of course, the never ending parade of App updates). ITunes seems to be freezing my computer when I request a huge bunch of downloads.

milo

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2003
I skipped 10.1.1 based on reports of instability, have those issues been fixed in 10.1.2?

It's by far the best and most comprehensive software jukebox ever (almost 7000 songs and counting, plus a hundred movies and a few ebooks/podcasts)

That doesn't change the fact that performance still sucks.
If nothing else, they should update the app to 64 bit. What are they waiting for?

And even more than 64 bit, why only using one core to encode files? Yeah, it's such a great app when things like Handbrake can do the same encode about 8x faster...

KPATVPOD

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2011
UK
as regards the new iTunes update.....

Streaming movies and music to my AppleTV2 from my PC over my WiFi network works all the time now.
AppleTV2 also links to my iTunes library and starts to stream considerably faster.

Thumbs up, role on all the airplay apps with next iOS release.

Jackboy22

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2010
Canada, Quebec
Itunes freezes 10.1.1 and 10.1.2

I hope this helps. I've been downloading a lot of stuff lately (GF going crazy with TV shows on Apple TV and, of course, the never ending parade of App updates). ITunes seems to be freezing my computer when I request a huge bunch of downloads.

I fond out that with Itunes 10.1.1 and now 10.1.2 if you have movie with MP4 in it, it will freezes your Itunes, so what I did is convert my collection to M4V for my movie and Itunes is really fast no problem at all, I have my Itunes on a Windows 7 64 bit running:)

Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I skipped 10.1.1 based on reports of instability, have those issues been fixed in 10.1.2?

That doesn't change the fact that performance still sucks.
If nothing else, they should update the app to 64 bit. What are they waiting for?

And even more than 64 bit, why only using one core to encode files? Yeah, it's such a great app when things like Handbrake can do the same encode about 8x faster...

Sorry, but who does encoding on iTunes anyway? 64-bit for what exactly? Ripping is dependent on the optical drive, by the way...and every other movie encoding task I do on Handbrake, as virtually everyone else.

What I am talking about is iTunes's excelent performance as a jukebox, even with thousands of media files in it...could it have LESS features or be broken in different pieces of software? Yes. But it works GREAT for the sheer amount of media it stores, while at the same time keeping a relatively clean interface and lots of organizational options.

Unless you want to go back to the olden days of WinAmp, of course...:rolleyes:

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Really? do a permissions repair, cuz mine loaded pretty much instantly on an early 2008 mbp

This was already revived recently, and I'm really curious! (cuz my mac is from the same year I think) What's a "Permissions Repair"? hlep me :confused:

drwndavid`

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2011
Security Tool

There is a info that you can use that has been crafted to specifically take this virus before it causes any author inconvenience in your grouping. In organization to combat this difficulty you acquire to require spreading quick. The information is mortal and it give gift you locomotion by tread instructions on how to rid your scheme of this job.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.