Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

flyinmac

macrumors 68040
Sep 2, 2006
United States
why the hell is it twice the size of the 10.2 update? Im so sick of these huge itunes updates.

Updates are so large because they have you redownload the entire program every time. As opposed to the other method which uses patches to a currently installed program. Patches can be much smaller. But, using Apple's method, every iTunes download is essentially a complete install.

MattJD

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
UK
Automatic app updates?

Has it introduced automatic app updates or has it always done that? - I only mention it because when I opened iTunes after the update an app automatically started downloading, like it does with podcasts. Never noticed it doing that before...

Grouchy Bob

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2011
AssWipe, New Mexico
So you prefer when companies don't update their crap? You should go back to the pre-network console era.

At least back then it was such a pain in the ass to update they generally got it right on the first try.

Nope. Somebody in iTunes-Land was incompetent and dropped the ball. The poor bastard will no doubt get demoted to work on Lion now.

I happen to love software updates.

If you'd have used any other word but "love" I'd give your reply credence.

skellter

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2010
USA
Yay...

yay, iTunes update... My internet is about to blow up with all these updates. Don't do a clean install of Mac OS X anything over WiFi. Takes forever.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Thought it would fix the bug that prevents itunes from counting 'home shared' tracks in play count... Still not counting :(

Have you reported this problem to Apple? I'm sure lots of people would appreciate that :)

ksgant

macrumors 6502a
Jan 12, 2006
Chicago
yay, iTunes update... My internet is about to blow up with all these updates. Don't do a clean install of Mac OS X anything over WiFi. Takes forever.

You mean you did an install from one computer on your network to another computer on your wifi network? Or are you talking about the updates coming over the net for a fresh install?

You do realize your WiFi is much faster than the Internet connection unless you're getting better than 40 or 50 Mbps. So the updates over the net will be the same speed wither your physically connected via Ethernet to your router, or via WiFi.

Unless of course this isn't what you're talking about...then nevermind. :D

miamialley

macrumors 68040
Jul 28, 2008
California, USA
Macrumors really needs to update the Positive/Negative ratings thing. Yes I read the FAQ definitions...it just makes no sense. If there's no definite meaning then what's the point? Why rate this story negative? Seriously.

nsshah85

macrumors newbie
Aug 26, 2010
Home Sharing

Thought it would fix the bug that prevents itunes from counting 'home shared' tracks in play count... Still not counting :(

I don't have the 4.3 GM so I wasn't able to try out the new home sharing feature, but I saw that in the preferences menu in iTunes if you go to "sharing" tab, there is a check box for "home sharing computers and devices update play counts," so I'm assuming that should fix this issue. Hope that helped :)

ronline

macrumors newbie
Oct 23, 2006
Do you have the home sharing count option checked?

Do you have the home sharing count option checked?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 4.09.23 PM.png
    Screen shot 2011-03-08 at 4.09.23 PM.png
    60.8 KB · Views: 88

audiowurks

macrumors newbie
Mar 8, 2011
I was hoping 10.2.1 would fix what 10.2 appeared to break: the ability to use iTunes artwork as a screen saver. It worked fine up until 10.2, and now the screen saver reports "your itunes library does not contain any songs with artwork" which is BS, since iTunes itself sees the artwork just fine, as do I within the finder.

I repaired permissions -- that didn't fix it.

Lezz

macrumors newbie
May 26, 2010
I don't have the 4.3 GM so I wasn't able to try out the new home sharing feature, but I saw that in the preferences menu in iTunes if you go to "sharing" tab, there is a check box for "home sharing computers and devices update play counts," so I'm assuming that should fix this issue. Hope that helped :)

Yes I had that checked but it doesn't seem to work...

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Well, home-sharing works ok but it did have some problems with Movies (i have 170 in that folder of features and clips)... it would start to get the titles and thumbnails incorrect

I'm having the same issue. It basically makes Home Sharing with movies unusable. Still using Air Video. I can't believe they've let this major bug slip by.

manu chao

macrumors 604
Jul 30, 2003
Macrumors really needs to update the Positive/Negative ratings thing. Yes I read the FAQ definitions...it just makes no sense. If there's no definite meaning then what's the point? Why rate this story negative? Seriously.
The problem is that when macrumors removes the basically irrelevant ratings there will be one big outcry. Right now there is only a small trickle of small outcries like yours.

mrbrown

macrumors 6502a
Mar 27, 2004
Springfield, Missouri
I wonder if this fixes the problem I was having with the Apple TV not marking my iTunes content as watched...

(and yes, I know about the new checkbox in Preferences. I've tried it both ways...)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.