Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

162629-itunes_10_icon_150.jpg

Apple today released iTunes 10.2.2, bringing a handful of bug fixes to the company's media management and syncing software.
iTunes 10.2.2 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

- Addresses an issue where iTunes may become unresponsive when syncing an iPad.
- Resolves an issue which may cause syncing photos with iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to take longer than necessary.
- Fixes a problem where video previews on the iTunes Store may skip while playing.
- Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance.
The update can be obtained via Software Update or through Apple's iTunes download page. The update follows the release of iTunes 10.2.1 early last month.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 10.2.2 With Syncing and Video Previewing Bug Fixes

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
Haven't ran into any of those problems, except maybe iPhoto recognizing iPhone slower.

So this update ACTUALLY makes it snappier?

Comment

iMJustAGuy

macrumors 68020
Sep 10, 2007
Beach, FL
How about you release a 10.2 update with a separate music video tab instead of them being incorporated in my music you *******s. :mad:
:rolleyes:

Comment

rezha

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
- added: support for a number of file formats (mkv, avi, etc.)
- added: support for having multiple libraries on different disks/directories
- added: support for streaming the new formats to iphone/ipad/appletv2g
- added: automatic metadata retrieving when adding music/movies to itunes
- removed: steve jobs from apple

sadly, just my wish

Comment

JDQuinn

macrumors newbie
Apr 18, 2011
That's great...

Still no fix for synced tracks starting several seconds from the beginning of the song...?

Comment

doctor-don

macrumors 68000
Dec 26, 2008
Georgia USA
Still on 9. Have they fixed the "looks like ****" bug yet?

If you are still on 9 (I'm still on 8), are you able to access the iTunes Store through iTunes? All I get is a full-screen ad urging me to install iTunes 10. Is it not accessible except through iTunes 10?

UPDATE: After installing the update, I now have access to iTunes Store. Perhaps the version in my Applications folder will display as 10.2.2 after I restart the next time.

Last edited:
Comment

wrkngclasshero

macrumors regular
Jul 3, 2008
Columbia, MD
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

Verloc said:
Still on 9. Have they fixed the "looks like ****" bug yet?

That was the funniest thing I've seen all day!! Kudos to you sir.

Comment

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
how about some 64-bit cocoa goodness. That way you can run tasks in the background instead of bringing up a progress bar when I'm importing files preventing me from playing my music or doing anything else until this is done. Geez.

Comment

Bonte

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2002
Bruges, Belgium
The iPod yesterday copied the music to my new iMac that had the same account, i thought this wasn't possible? New updates are good. :)

Comment

rorschach

macrumors 68020
Jul 27, 2003
how about some 64-bit cocoa goodness. That way you can run tasks in the background instead of bringing up a progress bar when I'm importing files preventing me from playing my music or doing anything else until this is done. Geez.

I'd settle for an "Info" window that actually has fields relevant to what I've selected. The Info window for a movie has fields for Album, Artist, Composer, Track Number, Lyrics, etc.

Comment

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
And don't get me started on why I can't buy iBooks from the iTunes store. Completely ridiculous you have to go to an iPad or iPhone to do this. When you do buy on your iDevice, the damn book TRANSFERS BACK TO iTUNES, so there is no point in not having this store with the rest of the stores.

Comment

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
I'd settle for an "Info" window that actually has fields relevant to what I've selected. The Info window for a movie has fields for Album, Artist, Composer, Track Number, Lyrics, etc.

Tell me about it. And a separate Music Video tab would be nice. They have tabs for all the kinds of media. Heck, I can even sort it by media kind, but yet the choose to muck up my library and album art with this. And yes, I have a smartlist for this, but it sucks browsing through my beautiful cover art to have it broken up with some music video snippet.

Comment

iBungie

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2008
Just installed the iTunes update and the first time I synched my iPhone music, books & video on it got wiped. Minor irritation as I can restore but wondering if anyone else had this glitch?

Comment

mdriftmeyer

macrumors 68040
Feb 2, 2004
Pacific Northwest

That would require two options:

Maintaining 2 branches of iTunes and until they decide to include a YellowBox infrastructure for Windows [ala NeXT] they won't be moving to Cocoa only.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.