- Apr 12, 2001
iTunes 12.3 can be downloaded immediately via the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.
Along with introducing support for iOS 9 and OS X 10.11 El Capitan, the iTunes 12.3 update also includes support for the Apple's two-factor authentication system, fixes several bugs, and adds some feature improvements.
iTunes 12.3 is the third major update to iTunes 12, and it comes nearly three months after the launch of iTunes 12.2, which introduced support for the new Apple Music service. iTunes 12.3 also comes a month after iTunes 12.2.2, a minor update that introduced Apple Music bug fixes.This update to iTunes adds support for iOS 9 and is designed for OS X El Capitan. It also:
- Improves Apple Music accessibility with VoiceOver
- Resolves a problem that prevented reordering of songs within Up Next
- Fixes a problem where some radio stations did not appear within Recently Played
- Addresses an issue where songs you loved on iOS did not appear love on iTunes
- Supports two-factor authentication to secure your Apple ID
This update also includes improvements to overall stability and performance.
Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 12.3 With Support for iOS 9 and OS X El Capitan