Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

crisss1205

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 7, 2008
NYC
iTunes 9.0.1 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

• Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
• Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
• Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
• Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
• Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
• Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
• Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
• Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
iTunes 9 comes with many new features and improvements, including:

• An improved look and feel, including a new Column Browser for easily browsing your artists or albums, movies, TV shows, and more.

• iTunes Store has a brand new look, with improved navigation for quick and easy exploration.

• iTunes LP and iTunes Extras create unique experiences that feature exclusive interviews, videos, photos, and more — available with select album and movie purchases on the iTunes Store.

• Home Sharing helps you manage your family's iTunes collection between computers in your home. iTunes can automatically transfer new purchases, or you can choose just the items you want.

• Genius Mixes are created for you by iTunes and play songs from your library that go great together.

• iPod and iPhone syncing now allows you to organize your iPhone and iPod touch home screens directly in iTunes. Syncing is now also more flexible, allowing you to sync individual artists, genres, or TV show and Podcast episodes.

• iTunes U items are now organized into their own section in your iTunes library.

• Sync with iPod nano (5th generation), iPod classic (Fall 2009), and iPod touch (Fall 2009).

• iTunes 9 also includes many other improvements, such as HE-AAC encoding and playback, more flexibility with Smart Playlists rules, simpler organization of your media files inside an iTunes Media folder, and more.

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
I didn't need to restart.

I did. Interesting:confused:. Lots of bug fixes that I noticed right away. The Store seems faster (about time:rolleyes:). The title bar seems to be a bit darker, which looks so much better than that almost white title bar in the first version. Overall, good so far. But it has only been five minutes:D

GeekLawyer

macrumors 68020
Yeppers... It sure is.

00000056.png

mrkgoo

macrumors 65816
Aug 18, 2005
I still have the bug with my iPhone having genius mix art in place of some podcast art, and smart playlists showing different things than on iTunes when live updating is checked. I guess those are iPhone 3.1 bugs.

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Good. One needed update is out.

Now if only they could release iPhone OS 3.1.1 or 3.2 or whatever it will be called. It would be great if they could reduce my iPhone's choppiness. Apple really F'ed the chicken with 3.1.:D

Kate.

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2009
US
Now I can go back to neurotically sorting all of my playlists "Album by Artist."

netnothing

macrumors 68040
Mar 13, 2007
NH
I did. Interesting:confused:. Lots of bug fixes that I noticed right away. The Store seems faster (about time:rolleyes:). The title bar seems to be a bit darker, which looks so much better than that almost white title bar in the first version. Overall, good so far. But it has only been five minutes:D

I'm not seeing any differences in the title bar color here.

-Kevin

Attachments

• itunes901.jpg
    itunes901.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 330

mac2x

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2009
Just got it...was having no problems with 9.0.0, but the iTunes store is faster now. No reboot.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Wow, so obviously it just doesn't make sense to install the first version of any new Apple software, since .1 will be out very shortly.

But I still see no compelling reason to upgrade from 8.2.1. Does anyone think there's a "must have" here?

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Apr 12, 2001
Apple Releases iTunes 9.0.1

Apple today released iTunes 9.0.1 via Software Update and the iTunes download site, offering a number of bug fixes.
iTunes 9.0.1 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

- Resolves issues browsing the iTunes Store.
- Addresses a performance issue where iTunes may become unresponsive.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may unexpectedly quit.
- Fixes a problem syncing Podcasts in playlists to iPod or iPhone.
- Fixes a problem sorting albums with multiple discs.
- Addresses an issue with the Zoom button not switching to Mini Player.
- Improves application syncing for iPod touch and iPhone.
- Genius is now automatically updated to show Genius Mixes.
Both Mac (OS X 10.4.11 or later) and Windows (XP or Vista) versions of iTunes 9.0.1 are available.

iTunes 9 was released earlier this month at Apple's "It's Only Rock and Roll" media event in San Francisco and brings a new look to the software as well as a number of new features.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 9.0.1

JW008

macrumors 6502
Apr 29, 2005
Thank God that clicking the zoom button switches to the mini player again. That's been driving me crazy!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.