Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

g-7

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2006
Poland
...and the green button works the way it should again - it changes the iTunes window into miniplayer. ;)

EDIT: JW008 was faster :)

macindork

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2008
Thank God that clicking the zoom button switches to the mini player again. That's been driving me crazy!

No kidding, A subtle yet very much worth it update.

Now I just hope this fixes my latency issues with converting videos.

ricosuave

macrumors 6502
Mar 27, 2007
In front of my mac
Does this fix the syncing between users on the same computer? I cannot use this family sharing feature because it duplicates the songs on the drive. Even after I select it not to copy songs when I import.

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
Finally! This has been the most unstable apple app I have used in history. It would crash everytime I use it atleast once!

Fender321

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2007
I was happy with the zoom button not switching to the mini player. When I unplug my external monitor, sometimes iTunes is too big to fit on the MBP screen, and there's NO way to resize it. I have to change resolutions and then the window resizes itself to something proper. I was SO happy that the zoom button made it work!

xIGmanIx

macrumors 6502a
Dec 21, 2008
i welcome all software updates for the sake of feature set, but it does get tired to have to download 100. MB for a point release

gmanist1000

macrumors 68030
Sep 22, 2009
Sweet, glad it fixed the mini-player problem, although I realized that you could hold down option (alt) and press the green button to minimize it.

LOLaMac

macrumors regular
Jun 2, 2009
I am sure prior to 9 you used to be able to change the size of the tiles in grid view with a slider???

You still can, it's just hidden away. When in grid view, go to the 'View' menu; go down to the 'Grid View' option and turn on 'Show Header.'

elektrizitat

macrumors member
Sep 22, 2009
London
Brilliant. I've been having really annoying freezing issues with iTunes 9. Do people really use the miniplayer? Can't stand the thing.

agwilson

macrumors newbie
Feb 5, 2008
I was happy with the zoom button not switching to the mini player. When I unplug my external monitor, sometimes iTunes is too big to fit on the MBP screen, and there's NO way to resize it. I have to change resolutions and then the window resizes itself to something proper. I was SO happy that the zoom button made it work!

You can press the option key and the green button and it will do what it did pre-patch and work the way you want. Pre-patch you could hold down the option button and hit the green button and it would send the window to mini player, I believe this was already mentioned though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.