Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

164201-itunes_icon.jpg

Apple today released iTunes 9.1.1, offering several minor fixes to the company's software hub for media and associated devices.
iTunes 9.1.1 provides a number of important bug fixes, including:

- Addresses several stability issues with VoiceOver
- Addresses a usability issue with VoiceOver and Genius Mixes
- Addresses issues with converting songs to 128 kbps AAC while syncing
- Addresses other issues that improve stability and performance
iTunes 9.1.1 is available for Mac (93 MB) and Windows (93.9 MB). The Windows version offers a slightly different list of issues addressed, dropping the VoiceOver and Genius Mixes bugs and adding a fix for iTunes crashing when conflicting with other third-party software.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 9.1.1

macrumors regular
Jan 31, 2006
I wonder if the 128kb conversion is multithreaded now. Was pretty painful to turn this on, and watch one core of 8 on a Mac Pro sit there slowly converting 15gb worth of media. The optimizing photos process maxes out all 8 cores.

Ideally, iTunes X will just be a full rewrite to take advantage of GCD and such. It needs it badly. Can't even play back a video without dropping frames when an iPhone is plugged in.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
I am hoping against hope this fixes months-old bug where iPhones choke on “most recently added” playlists. Many versions of iTunes AND iPhone OS have kept this bug around.

jettredmont

macrumors 68030
Jul 25, 2002
- Addresses several stability issues with VoiceOver

Hope this resolves the issue (introduced in iTunes 9.0!) with the entire Accessibility API causing an infinite recursion when 'column browser' was turned on and on the top. It'd be nice for apps like jiTouch and Zooom/2 to not have to hack around iTunes' bugginess finally!

(I'm assuming that "VoiceOver" uses the same accessibility APIs to get the control under the mouse cursor so that it can speak it ... but maybe "VoiceOver" here is the voice navigation thing for Shuffles ...)

Tones2

macrumors 65816
Jan 8, 2009
Can someone tell me if today's iTunes 9.1.1 update fixes the issue of LYRICS not showing up on the iPhone iPod player after converting songs to 128 kbps AAC (on the fly) while syncing for songs that have lyrics embedded in the tag file?

I'd LOVE to be able to use this feature, but in 9.1 the lyrics got trashed during the on-the-fly conversion to 128 kbps, and that's a deal breaker for me.

If this is fixed, that essentially turns my 32 GB iPhone into a 64 GB iPhone (well, not quite) since most of my music is at 256 kbps, which is a huge deal to me since I'd like to have my whole library on my phone so I can dump my iPod Classic.

Tony

JQW

macrumors member
Feb 23, 2006
(I'm assuming that "VoiceOver" uses the same accessibility APIs to get the control under the mouse cursor so that it can speak it ... but maybe "VoiceOver" here is the voice navigation thing for Shuffles ...)

The VoiceOver feature for iPod Shuffles is handled by a separate framework, which only gets installed if requested.

rosh325

macrumors regular
Jul 13, 2007
In the ether
When are they ever going to fix the year old smart playlist bug where you need to either turn off "live updating" or add a "playlist is music" in order for the list to populate correctly on the iphone/ipod touch? This has been around since 3.0!

Odid

macrumors regular
Oct 15, 2008
I am hoping against hope this fixes months-old bug where iPhones choke on “most recently added” playlists. Many versions of iTunes AND iPhone OS have kept this bug around.

It STILL DOES NOT FIX IT! :mad:

Geez. When is Apple going to ****ing fix this bug? It's annoying as hell and I don't like editing the playlist every time I want it to be updated.

reubs

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2006
I'm still not getting any genius mixes. All I have under Genius is a blank spot; I turned it off, turned it on, and resubmitted everything to Apple. All that happened was that it turned all of my genius mixes into regular playlists.

Anyone else experiencing disappearing genius mixes?

theBB

macrumors 68020
Jan 3, 2006
Can someone tell me if today's iTunes 9.1.1 update fixes the issue of LYRICS not showing up on the iPhone iPod player after converting songs to 128 kbps AAC (on the fly) while syncing for songs that have lyrics embedded in the tag file?
I have not updated, yet. My iPhone says "Loading Lyrics", but it never actually finishes. Is that the same error you see? I cannot say it makes much of a difference for me, but I still hope it gets fixed.

visitronix

macrumors newbie
Jun 4, 2009
Naperville, IL
Oh, come on!

Seriously, this is getting retardiculous! Apple can not be this stupid not to address this issue for how long now, several years? Just dumb.

When are they ever going to fix the year old smart playlist bug where you need to either turn off "live updating" or add a "playlist is music" in order for the list to populate correctly on the iphone/ipod touch? This has been around since 3.0!

duky

macrumors 6502
Jun 25, 2007
North Carolina
File Sharing?

Was File Sharing always there for the iPhone since 4.0 or something? I'm seeing a file sharing section under apps now.

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
It STILL DOES NOT FIX IT! :mad:

Geez. When is Apple going to ****ing fix this bug? It's annoying as hell and I don't like editing the playlist every time I want it to be updated.

Ugh. And it used to work fine, way back when.

“Most Recently Added” is one of two smart playlists functions (the other being “Highest Rated”) that I suspect gets a whole LOT of use among Smart Playlist users. And yet it can no longer update automatically without getting completely scrambled with the rest of your library?

Droid13

macrumors regular
Jul 22, 2009
United Kingdom
Does it fix the issue with smart playlists?

Downloading it now, will see what it does for me...

My problem is that, when syncing multiple smart playlists, all the tracks transfer ok but only one of the lists appears under playlists. Pretty annoying...

iKitten

macrumors newbie
Dec 3, 2006
Woot, the lyrics syncing for 128 kbps AAC transcodes has been fixed.

I don't need
to seem like I care about material things
Like my social stats
I just want four walls and adobe slabs for my girls~~

You don't even need to delete the problem files, syncing normally will fix it.

Prof.

macrumors 603
Aug 17, 2007
Chicagoland
I hope it fixes the problem where iTunes asks permission to accept incoming connections on launch. If not, I will be :mad:

It didn't :mad:

Attachments

• Screen shot 2010-04-27 at 6.52.48 PM.png
    Screen shot 2010-04-27 at 6.52.48 PM.png
    40.7 KB · Views: 150

petitpiton

macrumors member
Mar 6, 2009
UK
iTunes 9.1.1 Gives Error 13019 on first sync with iPhone 3G

Just a note of caution about 9.1.1 - I installed it this evening and on the first attempt after the install iTunes failed to sync my (non-jailbroken) iPhone 3G (OS3.1.3). The sync progressed through all the normal stages - Backup, Transfer Purchases, Sync Files, Fill free space with Music - and produced the error message right at the end when the iTunes progress bar says "Syncing iPhone...".:mad: On quitting iTunes I got the same error 13019 relating to not being able to save the iTunes Library.

However, relaunching iTunes I have now successfully sync'd the iPhone and haven't had the error message again.:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.