Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released an iTunes 12.13.2 update for Windows users, with the software introducing support for the new iPad Air and iPad Pro models.

itunes-for-windows.jpg

iTunes for Windows is typically updated every few months, and this update follows a December release that added security fixes.

iTunes has been phased out on the Mac for several years now and it has been replaced with Finder and the TV app, but Apple has continued to keep the Windows version available.

iTunes for Windows can be downloaded from the Microsoft Store or from Apple's website.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes for Windows 12.13.2 With Support for New iPads

• Love
Reactions: u+ive

joeDevTech

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2020
I'm hoping Apple adds security key support. I can't even log into iTunes on my Windows computer because hardware key 2FA isn't supported...

• Haha
Reactions: ArtOfWarfare

MasterControlProgram

macrumors regular
May 5, 2022
I was genuinely curious aside from like full restore backups, why would anyone need to use iTunes?
I use it to sync my iPod Classics. I haven’t updated iTunes in a while though, I can’t remember if they stopped supporting old iPods and that’s why I stopped. I’ll need to be careful before updating. 😅

UliBaer

macrumors regular
Feb 10, 2024
Germany
God damn no, null, niente, nada, never! :mad:

Every single time i installed iTunes on a Windows PC, the PC's media playback was completely borked after that, cause iTunes registered itself as the main application for *ALL* media content! Also every single time the apple folks blamed Windows for that, when in reality it was iTunes screwing up the Windows system.

Now i use a different approach and install iTunes in an exclusive VM in VirtualBox, which it can screw to death, but never again on or near my daily driver...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.