Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macjram

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2008
Wow, so I downloaded it and it completely ruined my program "Shoddy Battle" so now I am unable to play.

It is a pokemon simulator, haha :D.

Is there any way I can erase this update?

Morod

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jan 1, 2008
On The Nickel, over there....
Wow, so I downloaded it and it completely ruined my program "Shoddy Battle" so now I am unable to play.

It is a pokemon simulator, haha :D.

Is there any way I can erase this update?

If you're using Time Machine, you can back up from before the update. Can you reinstall "SB"? That might be the better solution.

Eric S.

macrumors 68040
Feb 1, 2008
Santa Cruz Mountains, California
Apparently it took some prodding to get Apple to resolve this. But it will be nice to be able to enable Java in web browsers again.

Edit: Ah, I just noticed this update requires 10.5.7. It looks like I'll be waiting to re-enable Java, since I don't plan to upgrade my OS until 10.5.8.

AreYouIn?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2009
It is about time. Most of what I do online needs this. It was a pain turning it off and on off and on. My school email and my online banking were the worst!

sd2009

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2008
Im really disappointed that it took them so long to fix this major security flaw :(

sesnir

macrumors 6502
Sep 21, 2008
Hmm got "can not install update" error message on my imac. Think it's just a corrupt download?

I get the same error message on my Macbook Pro...

edit: Closed Software Update, opened it again, it re-downloaded the Java update and it all worked this time...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.