Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released macOS Big Sur 11.5.1, a minor bug fix update that comes close to one week after the launch of macOS Big Sur 11.5.

macOS-Big-Sur-Feature-Triad.jpg

The new ‌‌‌‌‌‌macOS Big Sur‌‌‌‌‌ 11.5.1 update can be downloaded for free on all eligible Macs using the Software Update section of System Preferences.

According to Apple, macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 brings important security updates and is recommended for all users.

Article Link: Apple Releases macOS Big Sur 11.5.1 With Security Updates

Last edited:
Reactions: RandomDSdevel

gusping

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2012
London, UK
Any fixes for 4k external displays or cracking speakers? still waiting… Probably not as Apples Must have forgotten the Mac mini exists.

• Haha
Reactions: Babygotfont
Comment

landrew4

macrumors newbie
Jan 24, 2008
I am seeing it from my MBP and iMac (both intel) but am not seeing it available from my M1 MacMini (all on same network) so there may be some staggered release based on config.

Update: Now it shows up for M1 as well - had to force it to check for update by changing the automatic settings.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Comment

sunny5

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2021
My Huion graphic tablet stop working after Big Sur 11.5 update on M1 Mac mini. I can't use both main monitor and graphic tablet at once! I have no idea what they are doing with their macOS update but they screwed my device for no reasons.

• Sad
Comment

souko

macrumors 6502
Jan 31, 2017
IOMobileFrameBuffer

Available for: macOS Big Sur

Impact: An application may be able to execute arbitrary code with kernel privileges. Apple is aware of a report that this issue may have been actively exploited.

Description: A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.

CVE-2021-30807: an anonymous researcher

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.