Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghanwani

macrumors 601
Dec 8, 2008
Hopefully it fixes some of the stability & performance issues I've been seeing.

jlocker

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2011
Lake Michigan
There is most likely a special build for a new computer. Like 10.15.2 just for the new Macbook Pro's and the Mac Pro units. Pretty much everything is the same just a number bump to cover these machines going

dan9700

Suspended
May 28, 2015
why to dear g-d can't I still use my 2 stereo HomePods on macOS as main output, I know airplay 2 works on music but I want the main sound coming from my HomePods, even one is airplay 1 with lag, why apple why

jstn-

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2019
I find it comical that Apple takes the time to point out that "over 70" new emoji's have been added to the release (and even give said update its own section in the announcement!).

It really gives you a sense of where Apple's priorities are these days... is there an emoji for that?

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
It used to be nice when MacRumors articles always included build numbers. Now we have to wait for users to report. What's the point of MR reporting then? Just have forums where people can post and find information.. since at least for that information we have to dig into the forum anyway. Reminiscing and ranting complete.

Reactions: orbital~debris

macintoshmac

Suspended
May 13, 2010
why to dear g-d can't I still use my 2 stereo HomePods on macOS as main output, I know airplay 2 works on music but I want the main sound coming from my HomePods, even one is airplay 1 with lag, why apple why

They do not care that much and for those experiences, that's why. It should be a simple thing to implement considering the hardware and software integration they have historically accomplished.

jlocker

macrumors 65816
Jun 20, 2011
Lake Michigan
We could see a special build like 10.15.2 for the new Macbook Pro and the Mac Pro units. And then it would be 10.15.3 after the new Mac's get released. Seen this in the past. :)

skippermonkey

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2003
Bath, UK
The new watches are out, the new phones are out, new AirPods are out, all the OSes have been updated… So where's the bloody Mac Pro?? What the hell is Apple waiting for now? I didn't think it would be six months after announcement before I could even pre-order, let alone own one.

LV426

macrumors 68000
Jan 22, 2013
I find it comical that Apple takes the time to point out that "over 70" new emoji's have been added to the release (and even give said update its own section in the announcement!).

It really gives you a sense of where Apple's priorities are these days... is there an emoji for that?
Would you rather that Apple simply ignores the new emojis that the Unicode Consortium put together every few months? Hint: It's not Apple that drives the development of new emojis; they are responding to an ever-evolving standard that is devised by an international consortium.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.