Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nero Wolfe

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Atlanta, GA
This finally got updated (I think it's been the same since Leopard).

ScreenShot2011-06-15at71346PM.png

The background on the little desktop icon in the Finder 'Go' menu, and the one in Desktop & Screensaver in System Preferences are still Leopard Aurora though...

battletops

macrumors newbie
Nov 22, 2006
I think this is a new feature. The option to use the dashboard with the old overlay style, rather than as a space.

ky8Yv.png

techno96

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2009
Looks like good news for people who use the new Mail. I was asked to update my database so clearly Mail was updated

sweex

macrumors member
Oct 27, 2009
Funny it downloaded the first 400MB (from the 656,6MB) in more or less 5minutes and now I have to wait one hour :'( Well I'll let it download and I will see the changes tomorrow.
But I must say that even from DP2 Lion was already pretty stable and DP4 has less bugs than snow leopard on the beginning. In any case I couldn't go back to SL. I love how they got it all together with mission-control+ expose (I'm glad they put the gesture for that one back in) but I'm not that convinced about Launchpad...

captain kaos

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2008
UK
So if the cost of Lion is $29.99 US, and with a stronger AU $, how come we're paying $32???

I know it was mentioned on MR about it being -18% in Australian due to it being a download and therefore can go with the current exchange rates, but it seems Apple Australia is doing whatever it wants using an exchange rate from a year ago!

Rip off. :mad:

silusesMac

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
i hope that they improve the amount of time it takes to load the desktop it gets slower with the less and less free space, and apparentely also if you have a lot of items on your desktop, that affects the speed as well

Squozen

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
So if the cost of Lion is $29.99 US, and with a stronger AU $, how come we're paying $32???

I know it was mentioned on MR about it being -18% in Australian due to it being a download and therefore can go with the current exchange rates, but it seems Apple Australia is doing whatever it wants using an exchange rate from a year ago!

Rip off. :mad:

US $29.99 = AUD $28.41 at current exchange rates.

Add 10% GST and you're at $31.25.

So... you're pissing and moaning about 75 cents. Seriously.

EDIT: BTW, the US price does not include sales tax which varies between 4-10% for most US states. And let's not mention the average wage in the US compared to Australia, because that's just a massive can of worms...

Last edited by a moderator:

proboscisjoe

macrumors member
May 12, 2008
This finally got updated (I think it's been the same since Leopard).

The Exposé pane in Snow Leopard's System Preferences uses the Snow Leopard Aurora image.

The Exposé pane in Leopard's System Preferences uses the Leopard Aurora image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.