Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

10_7_1.png

Apple today released OS X 10.7.1, the first maintenance update to OS X Lion. The update is available via Software Update.
The 10.7.1 update is recommended for all users running OS X Lion and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability and compatibility of your Mac, including fixes that:

- Address an issue that may cause the system to become unresponsive when playing a video in Safari
- Resolve an issue that may cause system audio to stop working when using HDMI or optical audio out
- Improve the reliability of Wi-Fi connections
- Resolve an issue that prevents transfer of your data, settings, and compatible applications to a new Mac running OS X Lion

For detailed information on this update, please visit this website: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4764.
Apple has been seeding developers with builds of 10.7.2 to prepare for the launch of Apple's full iCloud service later this year, but the company did not provide any builds of OS X 10.7.1 for developer testing.

Article Link: Apple Releases OS X 10.7.1

mbarriault

macrumors regular
Dec 3, 2008
Good there's an update... but this fixes exactly none of the issues I've been having (which boil down to needing to restart every few days as performance has been degrading over time).

troop231

macrumors 603
Jan 20, 2010
Yes! Been waiting for Lion bug fixes (although my Lion install has been pretty rock solid so far) :D

mudman2

macrumors member
Jul 19, 2010
Thank goodness for the WIFI update I have about 12 Lion machines that I was about the throw out the window because of **** connectivity issues which defy logic. I was about to wipe them and go back to SL tomorrow

Hope this works:D

aohus

macrumors 68000
Apr 4, 2010
sky
Based on news reporting of Lion OSX, it seems like Apple has dropped the ball on this update? Is this the Windows equivalent of Vista on Mac? dun dun dun!

Apple-OSX-Lion.jpg

Cougarcat

macrumors 604
Sep 19, 2003
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Mobile/8J2)

Does this fix the greyed out audio issue on 2010 MBPs?

tbealmear

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2007
Morgantown, WV
Hopefully this update will allow me to have a useful iMac again. I wonder how many tries its going to take me to get past the login screen just to get this downloaded and installed...

bigcat318

macrumors 6502
Dec 25, 2007
My wifi has been shaky since upgrading to Lion, glad to see it may be fixed. I don't want to get dropped while playing SC2 :D

diegous79

macrumors newbie
May 3, 2011
Washington, DC
Halllelujah !!!!!! Hopefully I can get back to using YouTube again and also not have to restart my wireless connection every time my computer comes back from sleep mode!!

bush-dance.gif

Patriot24

macrumors 68030
Dec 29, 2010
California
There has to be more to it than just the items listed, which is why they use the language "including fixes that".

The only two issues I've had consistently with Lion are:

1. Bluetooth becomes non-responsive when headset battery dies or device goes out of range. Only a restart fixes.
  2. Time Machine often claims that it "cannot find the backup disc" despite the Time Capsule being online and accessible via Finder.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
17.4 MB. Hmm. Downloading. If this doesn't fix the black screen crash issue due to graphics switching I'm gonna totally lose it tonight :mad:

Eduardo1971

macrumors 65816
Jun 16, 2006
Lost Angeles, Ca. usa
Finally!!!

Lion being unresponsive when trying to play video after waking my iMac was annoying.

Funny, thought; my Wi-Fi has yet to drop a connection in Lion (dropping of Wi-Fi was very common in Snow Leopard).

Mr-Stabby

macrumors 6502
Sep 1, 2004
Are they going to release a Server update side by side with this like they've done in the past? Or will Lion Server now act like an app and be updated on the App Store whenever they can be bothered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.