Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Apple Releases Tenth Beta of macOS Big Sur to Developers

CopyChief

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2007
I had this issue as well, but someone had posted a solution for it. Turn on the developer menu in Safari and then in the Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 SW decoder on battery - enable

This fixed it for me and YouTube videos immediately play. Supposedly it also turns on 1440p and 4K in YouTube, but haven't tried it yet.

This also fixed it for me (2015 12" Macbook), even though I'm not running on battery. Ah, betas.

Reactions: DiamondarBoss
Comment

okapi_ca

macrumors newbie
Sep 17, 2020
I had this issue as well, but someone had posted a solution for it. Turn on the developer menu in Safari and then in the Develop tab -> Experimental features -> VP9 SW decoder on battery - enable

This fixed it for me and YouTube videos immediately play. Supposedly it also turns on 1440p and 4K in YouTube, but haven't tried it yet.

Also did the trick for me even though I was not running on battery. Go figure!

Comment

tosbsas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru

don't see that in the menu - MBP 2017

Comment

Blackfield

macrumors newbie
Sep 22, 2014
If you have less than 10gb free space it says that you have to check your internet connection to download. But when I freed 5gb more, then it downloads. So it's a free space issue not an internet issue. Just a heads-up.

Reactions: Big Ron
Comment

tosbsas

macrumors 6502a
Nov 22, 2008
Lima, Peru
Did you scroll down, I can see on 2014 MacBook Air

I did :-((
Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-15 um 15.11.39.jpg
Bildschirmfoto 2020-10-15 um 15.11.17.jpg

Comment

imnotthewalrus

macrumors 6502
Nov 20, 2015
earth

Worked for me too. Thanks for passing the info along!

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.