Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
My country blocks reddit and imgur, so I rely opera vpn to connect to those sites. The previous beta made the opera vpn worked unstable. Opening reddit was slow, and imgur didn't open at all.

Is there any of you willing to try the app for me and see if it's good now or still bad. I really appreciate the help. Thanks

Randyness

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2016
3D Touch on Homescreen icons is still awefull. Takes (relatively) forever to pop up the widget. I am on 6s. Anyone else experiencing this because I haven’t read about it. Thx.
[doublepost=1501069890][/doublepost]
My country blocks reddit and imgur, so I rely opera vpn to connect to those sites. The previous beta made the opera vpn worked unstable. Opening reddit was slow, and imgur didn't open at all.

Is there any of you willing to try the app for me and see if it's good now or still bad. I really appreciate the help. Thanks

Tried it for 5 minutes and had no problem. Am in spain right now and used the German VPN.

travistampa

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2017
has anyone noticed an issue when you try to reply to a group text when anyone in the group is a non iPhone user? I have noticed my text messages are being sent as 1-1 to everyone in group and their replies in the group text are coming to me 1-1.

willmtaylor

macrumors G4
Oct 31, 2009
Here(-ish)
has anyone noticed an issue when you try to reply to a group text when anyone in the group is a non iPhone user? I have noticed my text messages are being sent as 1-1 to everyone in group and their replies in the group text are coming to me 1-1.
That’s been an unfortunate phenomenon—to varying degrees—for some time prior to iOS 11.

RealMonster

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
I'm having a lot better luck here with my 5th Gen iPad. PB2 was nearly unusable without 2 reboots a day, and now I'm back into the territory of just having normal weird bugs to report. Battery life seems good, Safari works, apps aren't crashing as much right now.

Scape3d

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2017
Shawnee, KS
I just updated to Beta 3. I'm still noticing an annoying little quirk with the App Switcher and I'm curious if others notice it.

- Double clicking brings up the App Switcher: No problem.
- It displays all recent applications: No problem.
- While in App Switcher view, scrolling to the left and selecting a random app: No problem.
- Double clicking to bring up App Switcher again, the most recent app comes up but moves to the right in a weird, jerky movement. I hate it and it throws me off every time. I've forced closed the wrong before because of this.

Is this a bug or a "feature" of iOS 11?

Ryanmrash

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2016
I just noticed this too. What's nice is if you go into any of the MS Office apps, they still show the "On my iPad" location.

[/QUOTE]

Ok whats the story here? I'm >this close< to buying a 12.9 Pro to replace my old MBP. iOS 11 with "Files" and local storage + drag & drop was the deal closer for me. If there isn't going to be local storage, then I'm not switching and will continue to ride the wheels off of this MBP. Without files and local storage, iPad is still a non-starter for my workflow.

Last edited:

RealMonster

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
Ok whats the story here? I'm >this close< to buying a 12.9 Pro to replace my old MBP. iOS 11 with "Files" and local storage was the deal closer for me. If there isn't going to be local storage, then I'm not switching and will continue to ride the wheels off of this MBP. Without files and local storage, iPad is still a non-starter for my workflow.

It's a beta, so it's not really clear what the story is. It could be a bug, or it could be Apple testing out something for final release. I would wait until we see the final form to make any decisions.

Reactions: Ryanmrash

brianlbaker

macrumors regular
Jun 25, 2010
I will only try PB around number 5,6 so most of IOS has been fixed and corrected.
Living on the bleeding edge, aren't you! :)
[doublepost=1501089882][/doublepost]
WIth PB1 and PB2 I noticed that messages would not receive messages from non-IOS devices. This on my WiFi only iPad 10.5 Pro. Downloading PF3 hoping that resolves the problem. (keeping my iPhone on 10.3.3 for now)

Just completed the update to PB3 and sent a text message using e-mail. It was received on IOS 10.3.3 on my iPhone but NOT on my WiFi only iPad Pro 10.5 with IOS 11 PB3.

So this bug still persists.
report it!

slappypig

macrumors member
Jun 26, 2015
Earth
previous betas were worthless in communicating with Apple Watch . Any improvement?

What kind of issues have you had and what series of watch? I have a S2 with iPhone 7+ and I've only had to re-pair when I first moved to ios PB1 - I'm on watch 3.2.3
[doublepost=1501091324][/doublepost]I've noticed in looking at the call history / log if I delete any of the calls it duplicates the top listed call for each call line I delete. Exiting and coming back in show some of the lines deleted and others are not. Anyone else seeing this?

iPhone 7+ 256g - PB3

(Also, reported as bug to Apple)

Scape3d

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2017
Shawnee, KS
DAMNIT! They still have that sticky bug with the App switcher... where is flings to the side when you open it! >.< I was REALLY hoping that got fixed!

YES! So I'm not the only one who noticed this and HATES it. I don't really force close apps but when do I, I sometimes close the wrong one due to this silly fling to the right. So, this is a bug, right? I hope this isn't an intentional movement.

UTHorn

macrumors member
Aug 3, 2010
I just updated to Beta 3. I'm still noticing an annoying little quirk with the App Switcher and I'm curious if others notice it.

- While in App Switcher view, scrolling to the left and selecting a random app: No problem.
- Double clicking to bring up App Switcher again, the most recent app comes up but moves to the right in a weird, jerky movement. I hate it and it throws me off every time. I've forced closed the wrong before because of this.

Not for me. The new (most recent) app just reappears on the far right.
[doublepost=1501092633][/doublepost]I'm enjoying this update much more as most things work correctly and it appears that the battery life issue has been either completely fixed or significantly improved. It didn't automatically pair with my apple watch, but I'll re-pair it later today. Much better experience for me.

iphone 7 plus.

FearHav0k69

macrumors newbie
Jul 26, 2017
[doublepost=1501092633][/doublepost]I'm enjoying this update much more as most things work correctly and it appears that the battery life issue has been either completely fixed or significantly improved. It didn't automatically pair with my apple watch, but I'll re-pair it later today. Much better experience for me.

iphone 7 plus.
[doublepost=1501110440][/doublepost]

iphone 7 plus.

Any further problems pairing with the watch?

jeffreyg

macrumors regular
Apr 19, 2004
Melbourne
previous betas were worthless in communicating with Apple Watch . Any improvement?
Don't know about Apple Watch, but on previous betas my Pebble was unable to control music or even aware of what track was playing (my car too). But that's all working flawlessly in this beta. Even the home screen wasn't able to control music until now. That's now working too.

Xanderstone12

macrumors member
Jan 1, 2012
i must have the worst luck. beta 1 was fine...beta 2 made my phone glitch so bad.. went to 3 yesterday and my phone just lost its mind. home button not responsive. im trying to downgrade now. i cannot find others who are complaining of the same problems.

PWolverine

macrumors newbie
Jul 12, 2017
Had an issue with the camera roll having to be re-indexed and now a chunk of old photos is at the end of the roll, so to get to recent photos in the camera roll I have to scroll up a about 1000 photos. Thats kinda annoying as there doesn't seem to be a way to reindex them back into date order.

Predestinarian

macrumors newbie
Sep 13, 2015
Ancestry app and magic Piano apps crash upon opening. I’m sure there are more. Overall though, this beta is better. The os doesn’t freeze when rotating the lock screen for me anymore.

alvaroishere

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2017

I believe a feature, it slides the app to the right to show you all the other apps. Let me explain, if you wish to switch apps, what's the point in seeing the actual app smaller and have to scroll to find the others? It slides the one you're currently on so you can see the others and not waste that fraction of a second you waste by watching the same screen you were seeing only smaller. That's my take on this. I don't think it's a bug since it's pretty smooth, and happens always.

ConfusedChris

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2013
U.K.
I had been having wifi connection problems on 10 and the other PBs on both my iPad and iPhone. (Connecting to weak network when device goes to sleep.) Not one wifi problem so far on this beta.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.