Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

macs4nw

macrumors 601
Never understood why it takes so long to get a new operating system included in new hardware they ship.
I understand that 'Joe's Computers & Internet Cafe' may have some old stock in the back, but I got 'Lion' with a MBA on Black Friday a few years ago, from the Apple Store, while ML had been released in late July that year, that's some four months earlier.

It's not a big deal, but I've always wondered about that.

spacemanspifff

macrumors 6502
Jan 23, 2010
SPACE
Adobe CS6

anyone here tried all of CS6 on yosemite yet?

Yup - I've tried it and it works just like it does in Mavericks!

CS5 also works for those of you who are still running that!

I fact I've not really noticed anything that does not run on my system...

Knocks on wood! :)

walker5467

macrumors newbie
Jun 24, 2009
5 minutes remaining... Hopefully SMS texting works.

My experience so far is handoff is disabled.. anyone having any luck? (Developer 8)

----------

javascript was a little goofy when you got complex early on, but everything has ran great for the last few builds, in my experience anyway.

revanmj

macrumors member
Jun 2, 2010
Poland
You can change the transparency, which, IMO, is the worst thing. Looks a lot better with it off.

But you can't disable it for windows while leaving it active for dock and menubar. Funny thing is that you can disable dock and menubar transparency while leaving it enabled for windows ...

I like it on dock and menubar but not on windows - it's too "candy" for me.

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT

Thanks for the CS 5.x test! :)

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I hope that iOS 8.1 releases in tandem with the official release of Yosimite. All the continuity stuff is what I am looking forward to and that is not 100% available in the iOS 8. It makes sense since there is no official Yosimite, but one there is an official release, they need to upgrade iOS quick.

Other than that, excited to get home tonight and upgrade to the latest Beta.

I seriously doubt it would be 8.1 that is released. Maybe 8.0.1.

Kinsella217

macrumors newbie
Jul 16, 2002
Back to the Future...

The new interface actually is a huge relief to me, but not for the reason people might guess: it harkens back to Mac OS x 10.2 Jaguar. I thought that was the best interface Mac OS X ever wore (given the time in which it was the current OS) and it just felt like we were slipping and sliding further and further down the wrong path.

Mac OS X Yosemite returns the window translucency and the 2D dock I've missed, but it translates those features in a more sophisticated, more modern style, and subtracts the glare.

Welcome back, Jaguar UI... I've missed you a lot!
Dan

you’re right: nothing is customizable. I haven’t Yosemite in action yet, but if it’s as ugly as iOS 7, I will not be happy.

Just yesterday I was looking at iOS Notification Center and thinking it was the ugliest thing ever. White spaces, horizontal lines, lack of icons or weather or traffic, no indentation, ...

kmkjams

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2014
Chicago, IL
I really hope that DP8 is better than 7. I feel like DP7 has been the buggiest so far. It took 3 times longer for my Retina MBP to boot, and there were a lot of UI glitches. SMS Relay still has a lot of work ahead.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.