Apple Releases Trailer for 'Carpool Karaoke' Series Coming Soon to Apple Music

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Feb 12, 2017.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

During the 59th Annual Grammy Awards on Sunday, Apple released the first trailer for its Carpool Karaoke series coming soon to Apple Music.

[​IMG]

Carpool Karaoke: The Series, based on the popular segment from The Late Late Show with James Corden, will feature 16 celebrity pairings "riding along in a car together as they sing tunes from their personal playlists" and "surprise fans who don't expect to see big stars belting out tunes one lane over."

Apple said the series will feature James Corden, Will Smith, Billy Eichner, Metallica, Alicia Keys, John Legend, Ariana Grande, Seth MacFarlane, Chelsea Handler, Blake Shelton, Michael Strahan, John Cena, Shaquille O'Neal, and many more. The series is expected to have a different host every episode.

Apple purchased the rights to Carpool Karaoke, produced by James Corden, Ben Winston, and Eric Pankowski, in July 2016 in an effort to drive users towards Apple Music. The series will consist of 16 half-hour episodes, and Apple's version will reportedly feature a format "that is more of an interview series."

Article Link: Apple Releases Trailer for 'Carpool Karaoke' Series Coming Soon to Apple Music

2. Appleaker, Feb 12, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2017

Appleaker macrumors 68020

I'm so glad James Corden is in an episode!
    I'm still not confident that the other episodes with work well without him, but maybe the different format will make it work.

On another note, they seem to be really promoting this. The trailer was posted on 2 YouTube accounts with a total of over 13M subscribers and even created a Twitter account for the series.

3. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

4. ncbetz macrumors 6502

ncbetz

Eh, didn't look too good. I just want to see the Return of the Apps or whatever it is called show trailer.

5. JamesIngy macrumors newbie

JamesIngy

Is it just me, or do some of them seem to be riding in self-driving cars? Where are the steering wheels? Some shots seem to roomy to be the middle row.

6. Rob_2811 macrumors 68000

Hmmm, looks like they might do a decent job with this. Some decent names in there.

7. Schwyz macrumors regular

Schwyz

Wow. It's rare these days to find ad on national TV that is nothing but annoying.

8. addictive macrumors regular

Doesn't look like it has the relaxed charm of the original show. I'll be surprised if is superior to what has become a cult & popular hit.

9. rizzo41999 macrumors 6502

rizzo41999

10. McCool71 macrumors 6502a

Most of these types of shots for TV and movies are done with the car on a very low trailer, the driver isn't actually driving. Don't know if this is the case here though.

11. Rob_2811 macrumors 68000

12. Mlrollin91 macrumors G5

Mlrollin91

13. aaronhead14 macrumors 6502a

aaronhead14

For goodness sake, Tim, just update the Mac line already!!! Stop dipping your toes in crap that has nothing to do with your company!

14. adamneer macrumors 6502

Oh good, they remembered to include Michael Strahan. Now there's a guy you don't see on TV much.

15. Rob_2811 macrumors 68000

Fun is dead Mlrollin91 until we get a new Mac Mini, fun is dead :(

16. Max Portakabin Suspended

Even more horrific than imagined. On behalf of the UK, we apologise for James Corden (and Piers Morgan).

17. macs4nw macrumors 601

macs4nw

Some good talent in there, but what I'm really looking forward to is Planet of the Apps.

18. I AN LEGEND macrumors regular

Wooooo -- I made the commercial! I was a part of the Michael Strahan & Jeff Gordon episode.

19. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

Looked better than expected. Hope this is good.

20. BigJohno macrumors 65816

Ehh not a fan of the one that was on Cable and still not a fan of this. Guess i'm not the target audience. Ad was just annoying.

21. UltimaKilo macrumors 6502

Good job Apple... Let's take a stupid segment from a late night show and develop it into a whole show. House of Cards, watch out!

22. jdillings macrumors 68000

Apple picked this up way too late. Corden has already run the bit into the ground and people are tired of it.

23. bollman macrumors regular

And little Tim is full of anticipation like a child on xmas eve. He hopes this sh*t will stick to the wall 'cause he's running out of turds to throw.

24. ryanwarsaw macrumors 68000

ryanwarsaw

Timmy are you listening to me?!?! I am going to cry like a baby if this comes out before you take the ports of the Mac Pro. /s

Sniffle sniffle.