MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released the trailer for the second season of its Apple TV+ original show "See," which will premiere with one episode on the platform on August 27, with new episodes following every Friday. The second season of the show will run for a total of eight episodes.

"See" was one of the first shows to premiere on Apple TV+ in 2019 and features Jason Momoa, Dave Bautista, and Alfre Woodard. The show follows the story of humanity losing the ability to see, and according to Apple, the second season will tell the story of Baba Voss, played by Jason Momoa, attempting to be reunited with his family.
“See” is set in a brutal and primitive future, hundreds of years after humankind has lost the ability to see. In season two, Baba Voss (Momoa) is struggling to reunite his family while protecting them as the threat of war looms between the Kingdom of Paya and the Trivantian Republic. Despite his best efforts, his wife and sighted children are pulled to the forefront of the conflict, where they come to the attention of his estranged brother, Edo Voss (Bautista), a powerful and cunning Trivantian general, whose long-simmering hatred for his brother imperils them all even further.
The show's second season premiere joins a busy fall season for Apple TV+, with the second season of the hit comedy show Ted Lasso having premiered last week, and upcoming shows, such as "The Morning Show" with their second season premiering in September.

Article Link: Apple Releases Trailer for Season Two of 'See' Ahead of August 27 Premiere

TVreporter

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2012
Near Toronto
The first few episodes started strong (especially the opening) but the middle episodes were plodding and a struggle to get through. It picked up near the end. Overall a pretty good, weird at times show.

Hopefully they gauged audiences to improve for Season 2.

Reactions: ikir
Comment

Ar40

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2017
Nice! Love this show! It got a lot of critical hate - I chalk that up to the critics not being able to use their imagination for a little. There's so much different in this world, and you have to give the benefit of the doubt that blind people could evolve into such an advanced culture and still retain the various abilities they have in the show (like riding horses, etc.). There's an in-universe explanation for most of the so called inconsistencies if you give the show a chance and buy into its universe.

Looking forward!

Comment

danny842003

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
The first few episodes started strong (especially the opening) but the middle episodes were plodding and a struggle to get through. It picked up near the end. Overall a pretty good, weird at times show.

Hopefully they gauged audiences to improve for Season 2.

pretty much my feelings. Overall it was good but it was saved by the beginning. Hoping they’ve managed to get it more consistent this year.

Reactions: TVreporter
Comment

GeoStructural

macrumors 6502a
Oct 8, 2016
Colombia
I disliked the first episode, gave it a chance and watched the second, it was even worst... hated the third episode. I still can't believe there is more than one season. The only good thing I can say about this show is the production value.

Last edited:
Comment

2010mini

macrumors 601
Jun 19, 2013
I liked this show. It was different from other post apocalyptic shows I have seen before. I was kind of disappointed that they revealed sighted people other than the twins so early though.

• Love
Reactions: Ar40 and TVreporter
Comment

nims

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2019
What I can gather from this trailer is there will be like 7-8 seasons. They're already talking about sight returning in the future, this tv show will eventually be talked about and will become popular. Can't wait!

Comment

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
I liked many of Apple's shows. I disliked this one intensely. The production was great, first-rate, but that first battle scene, yeah no. Could not suspend disbelief.
Yeah, it took me several episodes to get over the unbelievableness of it, but I did, and I ended up really enjoying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar40
Comment

mazz0

macrumors 68030
Mar 23, 2011
Leeds, UK
Came here to see the comments and gauge whether the show is something I should watch. I leave more unsure.
If it helps I didn't like the first couple of episodes, but I started to really like it after that. So you can see how closely my taste relates to your own: I love For All Mankind, like The Morning Show, dislike Finding Jacob and Truth be Told and can't stand Servant or Lisey's Story.

I also flipping hate weekly releases. I want to binge damnit!

Last edited:
Reactions: Ar40
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.