Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 10.0.1, a minor update to the watchOS 10 operating system that initially came out on Monday.

watchOS-10-Launch-Feature.jpg

According to Apple's release notes for the update, watchOS 10.0.1 includes bug fixes and important security updates for the Apple Watch.

watchOS 10‌.0.1 can be downloaded for free through the Apple Watch app on an iPhone running iOS 17 by opening it up and going to General > Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery and it needs to be placed on a charger.

Apple has also released watchOS 9.6.3 for those who are unable to update to watchOS 10.0.1 or who have not yet had a chance to install the watchOS 10 update.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 10.0.1 With Bug Fixes

Last edited:
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

jclardy

macrumors 601
Oct 6, 2008
Maybe it'll fix the "bug" of the full brightness stopwatch background...

Wasp14

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Hoping this fixes the battery drain on mine as well. Prior to the update I was finishing the day with between 60-70% and now with the same usage it’s 40-50. Assuming some kind of process is more taxing but it’s a fairly big difference.

polymersayb

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2012
Just in time for the new watches to arrive tomorrow…
There have been complaints about battery life, and, hopefully, they removed the “are you sure?” When ending a workout, that is the dumbest “feature” ever
I’m the one person happy about this feature because I’m an idiot who keeps pressing “end” instead of “pause” and can’t undo it.

But even I agree the better way to do it would be to add a “resume workout” button on the post workout screen…

surfzen21

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2019
New York
There have been complaints about battery life, and, hopefully, they removed the “are you sure?” When ending a workout, that is the dumbest “feature” ever
YEP!!!!

I've done three workouts since updating to WatchOS10 and three times being annoyed ending my workout 😂

It took me a bit to figure out they changed where to add a workout too.

DavidLeblond

macrumors 68020
Jan 6, 2004
Raleigh, NC
I'm assuming this is just the same security patch as all the other OS updates today and that any hopes I have at not having my watch die in the middle of my workout if I decide to work out after I get off of work are dashed until I get my new watch.

Carlson-online

macrumors 6502
May 27, 2004
I’m the one person happy about this feature because I’m an idiot who keeps pressing “end” instead of “pause” and can’t undo it.

But even I agree the better way to do it would be to add a “resume workout” button on the post workout screen…
I forget to end a workout more often than I accidently end one (though i did end a 25km at 2km once, had to re-stitch it together afterwards via the gpx!).

They should make it configurable, then we can choose

Dylan33x

macrumors regular
May 21, 2021
Has anyone found a way to update a watch on Os9 paired to a phone on iOS17 to the new 9.6.4 update instead of 10.0.1 ?

aceys

macrumors member
Oct 25, 2012
Being a regular runner in a rainy climate, this feature is a serious improvement. I have my workouts end prematurely so often if running with any amount of rain and a long sleeve shirt that I had to turn on water lock to keep it from happening. I hope the extra prompt helps with this issue, though I expect I might still get some random, inadvertent interactions

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.