Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
I see, thanks. And not only that, my iOS 17 is trying to install watchOS 10, even when updates are disabled. Hate watchOS 10, I had to send my watch to Apple for a downgrade.
Is it because of the change in controls? I used the dock feature a lot in previous versions of watchOS and am not used to using the button to bring up Control Center instead.

Reactions: trifero

headlessmike

macrumors 65816
May 16, 2017
I bought my first AW an S8 necause I use custom timers all day long. And it allowed me to save custom timers and favorite them. AW OS 10 has removed this feature. No more favorite timers. Why on earth would they remove this?!?!
I can still save specific timers. They're not labeled though.

StellarOdin

macrumors newbie
Dec 29, 2020
Arizona
downloaded the update last night. Any other night I will charge my ultra to 100% then put it on before laying down for the night. Always woke up with the battery around 90-95%…. Since downloading the 10.0.1 update, and after (of course) getting to work I find my watch is now at 16%…. UGH

• Wow
Reactions: Pinkyyy 💜🍎

Amishpriest

macrumors member
May 15, 2022
Montgomery Village, MD
Being a regular runner in a rainy climate, this feature is a serious improvement. I have my workouts end prematurely so often if running with any amount of rain and a long sleeve shirt that I had to turn on water lock to keep it from happening. I hope the extra prompt helps with this issue, though I expect I might still get some random, inadvertent interactions
I'm right there with you (also a runner), though in my case it's sweat that usually causes inadvertent interactions unless I turn on the water lock.

Beelzbub

macrumors 6502
Feb 6, 2012
I downloaded the update, still no change. I have removed the watch, re added it multiple times, etc.. and the information I want still isn’t available. It was all there and working fine with the previous version of Watch OS, but this update has messed things up. The only watch face that works for me is the Siri face. And it is ok to some degree, but I miss my Modular face.

• Wow

SantaFeNM

macrumors regular
Oct 13, 2012
Santa Fe, NM
On my Series 7, my iPhone was stuck on showing the update status as Installing. With the watch still on the charger, I unlocked it and went to Settings, General, Software Update. That triggered the phone to refresh from Installing, to Update Complete. FYI for anyone having the Watch app on the phone stuck on Installing.

Wasp14

macrumors newbie
Sep 19, 2023
Personally this seems to have fixed the battery drain on my Series 5, it’s finishing the day maybe 1-2% off what it was before instead of 10-15%

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Sunrise/Sunset complication still doesn’t work for me. Tried all Location enabling (Watch Face, World Clock) and nothing… hope Apple fixes this because it’s really annoying.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.