Apple Releases watchOS 6.2.5 With ECG App in Saudi Arabia, New Pride Watch Faces

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 6.2.5, the eighth update to the watchOS 6 operating system that's designed to run on modern Apple Watch models. watchOS 6.2.5 comes over a month after the release of watchOS 6.2.1, an update that introduced a FaceTime bug fix.

Image via Reddit

watchOS 6.2.5 can be downloaded for free through the dedicated ???Apple Watch??? app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update. To install the new software, the ???Apple Watch??? needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the ???iPhone???.

No new features were found during the watchOS 6.2.5 beta testing period, but the update introduces new Pride-themed Apple Watch faces that are designed to match this year's Pride bands.

According to Apple's release notes, the update also introduces the ECG app and irregular heart rhythm notifications in Saudi Arabia.
watchOS 6.2.5 includes new features, improvements and bug fixes:
ECG app on Apple Watch Series 4 or later now available in Saudi Arabia
Irregular heart rhythm notifications now available in Saudi Arabia
watchOS 6.2.5 could be one of the last updates to watchOS 6 as Apple transitions to working on watchOS 7. watchOS 7 will be unveiled in June during Apple's digital WWDC event.

There is also a parallel watchOS 5.3.7 update for watches paired with older iPhones unable to run iOS 13.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 6.2.5 With ECG App in Saudi Arabia, New Pride Watch Faces

Last edited:
Reactions: MisterAndrew

lartola

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2017
Sadly the Rainbow gradient face is missing from the official release today. As are the rainbow options for California face from beta 5. Leave it to Apple to omit what so many were excited about. Oh wel.
Yeah, only the new pride watch faces are there, and only on the watch itself (the iphone app will update when iOS 13.5 comes out , I guess). The rainbow mode in several other faces (california, gradient, numerals mono and numerals duo) is missing even on the watch.
- - Post merged: - -

Just updated.. don't see the new colors
You can find the new pride watch faces on the watch itself. You won’t find them in the watch app on the paired iphone because that one needs iOS 13.5 to get updated. The rainbow mode in other watch faces such as California, Gradient. Numerals Mono and Numerals Duo is still missing even on the watch.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
Yeah, only the new pride watch faces are there, and only on the watch itself (the iphone app will update when iOS 13.5 comes out , I guess). The rainbow mode in several other faces (california, gradient, numerals mono and numerals duo) is missing even on the watch.

You can find the new pride watch faces on the watch itself. You won’t find them in the watch app on the paired iphone because that one needs iOS 13.5 to get updated. The rainbow mode in other watch faces such as California, Gradient. Numerals Mono and Numerals Duo is still missing even on the watch.
Running 13.5 and I see all the other rainbow faces. (Gradient, CA and so on).

Reactions: iGeneo

lartola

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2017
Are the new faces ONLY for the newer watches?
No, they’re for all models that get this update. Except that on series 3 and older models full screen mode is not available for the pride watch face, and some of the other watch faces expected to get the so called rainbow mode such as California or Gradient (it’s not there yet today) are indeed exclusive to series 4 or later.

Running 13.5 and I see all the other rainbow faces. (Gradient, CA and so on).
Beta, right? because the final version of 13.5 did not come out today, only watchOS did.

Reactions: WestCoastCommodore

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Ventura County
No, they’re for all models that get this update. Except that on series 3 and older models full screen mode is not available for the pride watch face, and some of the other watch faces expected to get the so called rainbow mode such as California or Gradient (it’s not there yet today) are indeed exclusive to series 4 or later.

Beta, right? because the final version of 13.5 did not come out today, only watchOS did.
GM, which is essentially the final version. Very rarely is the GM not the final. I don't mess with betas anymore, so I only install the GM/Final.

Reactions: AhRiHmAn

lartola

macrumors 6502a
Feb 10, 2017
GM, which is essentially the final version. Very rarely is the GM not the final. I don't mess with betas anymore, so I only install the GM/Final.
Ok...technically GM is still a beta as it’s not available to users outside the beta programs, but thanks for confirming that the rainbow mode for other watch faces also requires iOS 13.5

Last edited:

coolfactor

macrumors 601
Jul 29, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I would have loved for a software update to actually list out what has been improved, even if they are minor bugs, but Apple is turning into the likes of Facebook, etc. that are too darn lazy to provide unique update notes with each release. Instead, it's the same boring boilerplate text every single time. So annoying. Zero respect for tech-minded users.

Last edited by a moderator:

iGeneo

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2010

Maybe I misunderstand you, but the rainbow option is there for the faces, Here's the CA face

IMG_1073.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.