Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

atallah.hallak

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2017
They don't list UAE as well but I was able to make it work with my Dubai bought Watch, Hong Kong bought iPhone activated on an Egyptian sim
I do not understand why it does not work and I have both phone and Watch bought from Canada with Canadian Apple Store

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I do not understand why it does not work and I have both phone and Watch bought from Canada with Canadian Apple Store
That’s because you’re physically located in Saudi Arabia and ECG is not yet supported there, or at least your health app doesn’t know yet that it is because you’re still running iOS 13.4.1 on your iphone (if you read up this thread you’ll find that support for ECG in Saudi Arabia will be enabled with iOS 13.5, coming soon but not yet publicly released)

In iOS 12.2 and later versions, Apple introduced additional restrictions to prevent activation of the ECG app while physically located in an unsupported country, even if the apple watch was originally purchased in a supported country (i.e., even if you bought the watch in Canada ECG needed to be activated there or in any other supported country such as the US before returning to Saudi Arabia).

Last edited:

BriceApp

macrumors 6502
Jun 11, 2018
Winston-Salem, NC
6.2.5 performance and battery life have been great the past 2 days on my series 2. It is a good thing, since I would bet this is it for updates to the series 2.

AJTC

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
I keep getting "Unable to check for update" every time I go into Software Update in the Watch app. Was this release pulled?

lartola

macrumors 68000
Feb 10, 2017
I keep getting "Unable to check for update" every time I go into Software Update in the Watch app. Was this release pulled?
Not that I know of. You may want to try going into software update on the watch itself. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your iphone and watch. Also, make sure you’re on wifi and that you actually do have an internet connection. The “unable to check for update” error often pops up when you have poor or no internet connectivity. If the update had been pulled, the current software running on the watch would show as up to date.

AJTC

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2012
Not that I know of. You may want to try going into software update on the watch itself. If that doesn’t work, try restarting your iphone and watch. Also, make sure you’re on wifi and that you actually do have an internet connection. The “unable to check for update” error often pops up when you have poor or no internet connectivity. If the update had been pulled, the current software running on the watch would show as up to date.
Thanks, I tried a restart of both and that worked. I just hadn’t seen that error before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.