Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 7.0.2, the second update to the watchOS 7 operating system that came out in September. watchOS 7.0.2 comes more than two weeks after the release of watchOS 7.0.1, a bug fix update.

applewatchse.jpg

‌‌watchOS 7.0.2‌‌ can be downloaded for free through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌‌iPhone‌‌.

According to Apple's release notes, watchOS 7.0.2 addresses a bug that could cause the battery in the Apple Watch to drain more quickly, which has been a persistent complaint since watchOS 7 was released.
watchOS 7.0.2 contains improvements and bug fixes, including:
- Addresses an issue that could cause the battery to drain more quickly
- Resolves an issue that prevented some users from accessing the ECG app in regions where it is available
For more on everything that's new in watchOS 7, make sure to check out our watchOS 7 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 7.0.2 With Battery Drain Fix

Reactions: rhyme

ghostface147

macrumors 68040
May 28, 2008
I wish there was a way to turn off the alarm brightness setting. In iOS 13 and watchOS 6, I had an alarm (via bedtime) and the Apple Watch never turned on when it was close to alarm time. Now I have the alarm set through the sleep app and the Apple Watch is so bright it lights up the entire room. It can only turn off when I turn off the alarm instead of snooze.

centauratlas

macrumors 65816
Jan 29, 2003
Florida
"Could" is the right description, have had zero issues with Battery drain, glad they fixed it though, even though I never saw it.

With the S5 I had battery drain issues. With the S6, it has been awesome. 17 hours on the S5 would be about 30-35%, 24 hours on the S6 is around 40%.
[automerge]1602524027[/automerge]
When the hell are they going to fix the health bug???

Yeah, tracking is broken in some areas of the Health app.

Reactions: wdog119

Jerry Fritschle

macrumors regular
Mar 30, 2004
I'm tired of watchOS updates on my Series 3. I can't get enough space cleared to even install them, because of files behind the scenes I can't touch, so I have to reset it, install the update, and then restore. This also requires me to set up my Wallet cards again.
I've had to do that on my Series 3 with the OS upgrades, but not with the patches.

Reactions: Jxdawg

VineRider

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2018
Downloading now - Hoping this fixes the issue of not being able to use my watch to unlock my MacBook. Also an issue with Microsoft Authenticator not being able to communicate with the watch. Both started after installing 7.0.1,

I'll update with my findings after my installation completes.

EDIT - Neither problem fixed.

Last edited:

normang

macrumors member
Mar 11, 2007
Maple Grove, MN
With the S5 I had battery drain issues. With the S6, it has been awesome. 17 hours on the S5 would be about 30-35%, 24 hours on the S6 is around 40%.
[automerge]1602524027[/automerge]

Yeah, tracking is broken in some areas of the Health app.
I didn't have issues with my S5 either.. its about the same between S5 & S6, could be usage perhaps

Have not noted issues with the Health App, that would be IOS, not watchOS, though the issue is probably inter-related.

Phuz01

macrumors 6502
Oct 25, 2006
New York, NY
Excited to see if this fixes the battery issues I've been experiencing. I moved from a Series 3 to a Series 6, and even though I don't have the face display turned on for about half the day, my battery life is about half of what it was on my 3-year-old Series 3. I could go almost two days without plugging in (though I tried not to).

Reactions: Enigma01au

mnsportsgeek

macrumors 68040
Feb 24, 2009
I wish there was a way to turn off the alarm brightness setting. In iOS 13 and watchOS 6, I had an alarm (via bedtime) and the Apple Watch never turned on when it was close to alarm time. Now I have the alarm set through the sleep app and the Apple Watch is so bright it lights up the entire room. It can only turn off when I turn off the alarm instead of snooze.

I think if you disable nightstand mode that stop occuring.

Reactions: QuarterSwede
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.