Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today released watchOS 7.0.3, the third update to the watchOS 7 operating system that was released in September. watchOS 7.0.3 comes a week after the release of watchOS 7.0.2, a bug fix update that addressed battery drain.

apple-watch-series-3-trio.jpg

‌‌watchOS 7.0.3 can be downloaded for free through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update. To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌.

Today's update is available only for the Apple Watch Series 3, and customers with other Apple Watch models will not see the update. watchOS 7.0.3 fixes the random reboots that Apple Watch Series 3 owners have been experiencing. From Apple's release notes:
watchOS 7.0.3 contains improvements and bug fixes, including an issue where Apple Watch Series 3 may unexpectedly restart for some users.
For details on everything that's new in ‌watchOS 7‌, make sure to check out our watchOS 7 roundup.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 7.0.3 for Apple Watch Series 3 to Fix Unexpected Restart Issue

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Sooooo, what about the random reboots that were happening on my S4, and are now still happening on my S6 Apple Watch?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, when I restored my new S6 from a backup (tried 3 different date backups), none of the apps would install from the iPhone Watch App. I had to manually install each app from the App Store on the Watch itself. Any settings or complications and placement still carried over, like my settings were still in place. Weird. I’ve filed feedback. Hopefully another update is still coming...

Reactions: mavis and mhnd

bottsjw

macrumors regular
Feb 24, 2010
Sooooo, what about the random reboots that were happening on my S4, and are now still happening on my S6 Apple Watch?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, when I restored my new S6 from a backup (tried 3 different date backups), none of the apps would install from the iPhone Watch App. I had to manually install each app from the App Store on the Watch itself. Any settings or complications and placement still carried over, like my settings were still in place. Weird. I’ve filed feedback. Hopefully another update is still coming...

Yeah... was thinking the same thing about my S5 reboots. Battery has gone from bad to worse with 7.0.2 and the random app restarts are far too frequent.

Reactions: gank41

gank41

macrumors 601
Mar 25, 2008
Yeah... was thinking the same thing about my S5 reboots. Battery has gone from bad to worse with 7.0.2 and the random app restarts are far too frequent.
I’m seeing 2-3 reboots a day now. And that’s what I’m actually seeing.

Last edited:

mannyvel

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2019
Hillsboro, OR
I’m seeing 2-3 reboots a day now. And that’s what I’m actually seeing. Ugh this before, not sure.

Funny, my S4 was rebooting continuously at one point last week. I think it's because my phone was out-of-range, since putting the watch into Airplane Mode stopped the reboots.

Jxdawg

macrumors 6502
Dec 17, 2019
Just had my first reboot yesterday since updating to 7.0.2. Will install this hoping I keep my great battery life from 7.0.2.

Reactions: Regbial

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
If a person owns too many apl devices they spend an inordinate amount of time downloading and installing one fix after another for each of them. I wonder what the magic number is where it's impossible to keep all the devices up to date due to the time involved dealing with each one -----

Reactions: gank41

subi257

macrumors 65816
Sep 13, 2018
New Jersey
Did the problem with run data not being added ever get fixed?

I was having the run GPS not showing up in in fitness as well as the heart rate. After 7.0.2 I am now seeing heart rate showing app but not the GPS...it also did make a big difference as far as battery life.

Reactions: PhillyGuy72

mannyvel

macrumors 65816
Mar 16, 2019
Hillsboro, OR
If a person owns too many apl devices they spend an inordinate amount of time downloading and installing one fix after another for each of them. I wonder what the magic number is where it's impossible to keep all the devices up to date due to the time involved dealing with each one -----

Hahaha, you're totally wrong. We literally have over 30 Apple devices in our house (desktops, laptops, iPads, iPhones, watches, and iPods) and I'm the only person that even thinks about all this stuff.

To be fair, I also have 5 android phones that I spend 0 amounts of time on because they're in a drawer. So technically I spend more time downloading fixes for Apple stuff. I don't turn on my Windows 10 box because I don't want to waste a day waiting for the cumulative updates to install.

MauiPa

macrumors 68040
Apr 18, 2018
Interesting. I’m on the developer beta. 7.1 it is working flawlessly. They even fixed my unlock for my Mac, and I now have 15% battery at the end of 2 days where I used to be running dry by then. I wonder what apps or configurations caused the reboot. It’s always so weird “for some customers”) of which I’m almost never one

Reactions: iOnAsJ and joedec

Perry Barhydt

macrumors member
Oct 12, 2020
For the first time this past weekend my wife’s Apple Watch 3 rebooted during a hike. I thought she bumped something. Now to find a way to clear up enough room on the Apple Watch to download the update.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.