Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Alongside iOS 16.0.3, Apple today also released watchOS 9.0.2 with several bug fixes for Apple Watch users. The update addresses high-profile bugs related to Spotify streaming issues and microphone interruptions for Apple Watch Series 8 and Apple Watch Ultra users, as well as a few other bugs.

Apple-watchOS-9-Feature.jpg
This update includes improvements and bug fixes for your Apple Watch.

- Interruptions to streaming audio on Spotify
- Snooze alarm notifications continue after the alarm is deleted for AssistiveTouch users
- Incomplete syncing of Wallet and Fitness data for newly paired Apple Watch
- Audio from microphone interrupted for some Apple Watch Series 8 and Ultra users
watchOS ‌9.0.2 can be downloaded for free through the dedicated Apple Watch app on the iPhone by going to General > Software Update.

To install the new software, the Apple Watch needs to have at least 50 percent battery, it needs to be placed on a charger, and it needs to be in range of the ‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌iPhone‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌‌.

Article Link: Apple Releases watchOS 9.0.2 With Fixes for Microphone Issues, Spotify Streaming Interruptions, and More

SwiftArtery

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2022
UK
Were the interruptions only on Spotify? I wonder what it was to make it an Apple-sided fix, rather than a Spotify bug.

coolbreeze2

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2009
Downloading this update right now in hopes it unexpectantly fixes my issue of some third-party apps shortcuts not working.

codq

macrumors newbie
Jul 17, 2018
New York, NY
I haven't been able to get Overcast to sync podcasts to my Apple Watch in more than a month. I hope this update solves this...?

Has anyone else had this issue?

paulvee

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2003
NYC
They still have not fixed the fitness app. My rings just don’t start. I called up and the guy said it was a known problem and he didn’t even have to collect more data. He said they were working on it.

Akrapovic

macrumors 65816
Aug 29, 2018
Scotland
I haven't been able to get Overcast to sync podcasts to my Apple Watch in more than a month. I hope this update solves this...?

Has anyone else had this issue?
I manually watched my Overcast syncs today. Keeping the watch unlocked and screen on made it work. It stopped working after the screen was off for a few minutes. I assume some sort of sleep mode killing the transfer.

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
It might not be the WatchOS causing the battery life issue but a degraded battery. I would recomend checking you battery health on your Apple Watch. I believe Apple recommends battery replacement at 80% and bellow.
Oh its WatchOS.

My new Series 7 is draining about 50-80% faster during the same workout duration and use case as it was the week prior with OS8.

Reactions: Amadeus71

Stunning_Sense4712

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2021
Oh its WatchOS.

My new Series 7 is draining about 50-80% faster during the same workout duration and use case as it was the week prior with OS8.
Did you check the battery health? My iPad 8th Generation completely went dead while the battery displayed 10% battery life. Just because you noticed issues after a software update does not mean it was necessarily caused by the update. At least Apple now allows battery replacements on iPads now so you do not have to buy a new iPad or pay for an out of warranty replacement.

Reactions: SFjohn

MaskedCarrot

macrumors 6502
Mar 25, 2009
Northern VA
Weather for me is 50/50 if it actually works or not on my Series 8. When it won't display the default weather, I will try the Weather Channel app on my watch and that won't work either.

xpxp2002

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2016
Weather for me is 50/50 if it actually works or not on my Series 8. When it won't display the default weather, I will try the Weather Channel app on my watch and that won't work either.
I've heard other people say they had this issue with the S8. I have not had this issue myself, but it is definitely a peculiar one.

Reactions: SFjohn

greenbreadmmm

macrumors 6502a
Jun 4, 2007
Did you check the battery health? My iPad 8th Generation completely went dead while the battery displayed 10% battery life. Just because you noticed issues after a software update does not mean it was necessarily caused by the update. At least Apple now allows battery replacements on iPads now so you do not have to buy a new iPad or pay for an out of warranty replacement.
Thank you for your contribution

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.