Apple Rep Says Apple has not bumped anyone's delivery date, I need proof

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Guys I'm just furious now - I chatted with an Apple Rep, and talked about my order experience. I told him I feel treated unfair because A. I could not get into the Apple Store App nor the website until past 12:10am, and B. People are seeing their delivery dates bumped (some in my delivery time frame of 11/17-24)

He said - Macrumors is just a rumors website, and Apple has not bumped anyone's order. The one person who shared his screenshot (https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/27/apple-iphone-x-orders-improved-delivery-dates/) got his bumped because his original was cancelled.

Can someone show me proof that theirs got bumped? I don't think 10+ people lied on this site. And honestly, for what?

Reactions: myscrnnm

rkoshack

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2012
I was under the impression the only orders that were bumped up were the T-mobile orders because of a glitch when preordering in the first place.

If anyone who’s 1-2 week or 2-3 week shipping time has been bumped up and they weren’t a T-mobile order I would like to know.

noobinator

macrumors 603
Jun 19, 2009
Pasadena, CA
I was under the impression the only orders that were bumped up were the T-mobile orders because of a glitch when preordering in the first place.

If anyone who’s 1-2 week or 2-3 week shipping time has been bumped up and they weren’t a T-mobile order I would like to know.
Agree with this.

ZERO (or very near zero) people saw anything other than a Nov. 10 - Nov. 17th date when pre-ordering a T-Mobile iPhone X. This was even people (like me) who got in an ordered at 12:03. They most likely had a glitch showing it shipping later. I doubt we were really bumped.

Reactions: hovscorpion12

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
Guys I'm just furious now - I chatted with an Apple Rep, and talked about my order experience. I told him I feel treated unfair because A. I could not get into the Apple Store App nor the website until past 12:10am, and B. People are seeing their delivery dates bumped (some in my delivery time frame of 11/17-24)

He said - Macrumors is just a rumors website, and Apple has not bumped anyone's order. The one person who shared his screenshot (https://www.macrumors.com/2017/10/27/apple-iphone-x-orders-improved-delivery-dates/) got his bumped because his original was cancelled.

Can someone show me proof that theirs got bumped? I don't think 10+ people lied on this site. And honestly, for what?
I mean it is right there in the name...

slippery-pete

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2007

So it is Apple's fault that you couldn't access their website when many, many others could?

felixroqu3

macrumors 6502
Mar 5, 2012
New York, NY

It all depends on what you ordered and how you paid for it. Most people who are being bumped are the ones that ordered the T-Mobile version and paid IN FULL. I know there are several people who used IUP are being bumped too. My husband got his order through around 3:09EST and was scheduled for Nov. 17-24th, but when he checked yesterday it had been bumped to this Friday. He ordered the 256GB Silver T-Mo iPhone and paid in full.

Reactions: Newtons Apple

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
So it is Apple's fault that you couldn't access their website when many, many others could?
Depends on which way you look at it. My connection was good, I stayed up late, why couldn't I get it? Are you telling me it's sheer luck?

Reactions: ct2k7

Renho

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2014
SR, CA
Even if you show proof, what is that going to get you? A customer service rep is not going to be able to make your phone jump to the front of the line no matter how much you yell at them and how furious you are.
True man. In the end all this madness and waisting ur time is just that. All of us one way or another has had Pre order problems. It’s just a fact of Pre order life. Really just don’t waist anymore time on it. Your phone won’t get here any earlier..

Reactions: AJsAWiz

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
Agree with this.

ZERO (or very near zero) people saw anything other than a Nov. 10 - Nov. 17th date when pre-ordering a T-Mobile iPhone X. This was even people (like me) who got in an ordered at 12:03. They most likely had a glitch showing it shipping later. I doubt we were really bumped.
Please check other posts before you say that here. There are plenty 11/17-24 getting theirs bumped.

JonathanK81

macrumors 6502a
Feb 7, 2006
Depends on which way you look at it. My connection was good, I stayed up late, why couldn't I get it? Are you telling me it's sheer luck?
No, we're telling you it's not just Apple's fault. There are MANY factors that play into connections to websites. It's not just that your "connection was good." And for the record, I was able to get in at 12:02. Whether or not it was sheer luck? I doubt it.

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
My heart goes out the the Apple reps and their families. Hang in there :D
Apple pays these employees, they are not volunteers lol. I get paid for my job and sometimes it's stressful to the brim. I don't see what's wrong there. Plus I was being polite and asked questions nicely over a chat.

slippery-pete

macrumors 68000
Jun 23, 2007
Once again, please tell me how it was Apple's fault? Was their website down? Were other people able to access?

Many many many possible reasons as to why you couldn't get in. Do you think by complaining to Apple you will magically get your phone on 11/3? Better yet on 11/3 and free?

Yes, treated unfair.

Reactions: AJsAWiz

ClemTiger0408

macrumors 6502
Jun 30, 2007
You're just unlucky, man. Seems like Apple slowly let people into the site to avoid a crash and you might have been unlucky and towards the end. I got in finally at 2:09 through the app and was able to get the least popular device combo.

I think you just gotta suck it up and be okay with getting it in a week or two. It's a phone. It's not life or death. Don't make a CSR at Apple miserable just because you feel wronged. Lots of people are in the same boat as you.

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
You had the same opportunity as everyone else to log in. How are you treated unfairly?
I guess I just have bad luck then? Because I did everything I could on my end to ensure the process goes smoothly.

tifa_mo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 20, 2016
You're just unlucky, man. Seems like Apple slowly let people into the site to avoid a crash and you might have been unlucky and towards the end. I got in finally at 2:09 through the app and was able to get the least popular device combo.

I think you just gotta suck it up and be okay with getting it in a week or two. It's a phone. It's not life or death. Don't make a CSR at Apple miserable just because you feel wronged. Lots of people are in the same boat as you.
I'm the one who's thanking him at the end of the conversation. I don't know how I made his life miserable - it's his job and it's the iPhone launch season, he knows what he signed up for.

daydayvol

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2012
I guess I just have bad luck then? Because I did everything I could on my end to ensure the process goes smoothly.
I guess. Sometimes technology doesn’t work as planned. It happens. I got lucky and used Verizon and will be getting it Friday. Last year with the 7 I didn’t have that luck b/c of a mixup.