Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

141257-app_store_icon.jpg

Business Insider reports that Apple is hosting a secret three-day conference at its Cupertino headquarters next week, bringing in an unknown number of iOS developers to meet with Apple staff.
Apple is hosting an event for iOS developers in California next week, we've heard from an industry source. The event begins next Tuesday, and runs for three days, we've heard.

We are short on details, and we have not seen any public information about it, but it sounds like this will be a more intimate version of the iPhone Tech Talks that Apple hosted around the world last year.
According to the report, Apple is likely seeking to help select developers improve the quality of their App Store applications in the face of continued growth by Google's Android platform and to take advantage of the unification of iPad and iPhone/iPod touch operating system versions with the release of iOS 4.2 next month.
What we don't know: Who's attending, how big this event is, what sort of sessions will be held, and whether Apple will host any sort of media event for the iOS 4.2 launch, which could potentially include demos of some of the apps that were worked on at the summit.
Apple has in the past worked with select developers ahead of its iOS-related media events to prepare their applications for demonstrations. As noted, however, it is unknown whether this conference is related to a possible iOS 4.2 media event sometime next month.

Article Link: Apple Reportedly Holding 'Secret' Conference for Select iOS Developers Next Week

kernkraft

macrumors 68020
Jun 25, 2009
So they have a big app store but they do secret 'conference'? That sounds pretty cool, actually.

If you are a freemason...

So who do I have to sleep with if I want to attend this conference? Can I send some overzealous Apple fans from MR?

hayesk

macrumors 65816
May 20, 2003
So who do I have to sleep with if I want to attend this conference? Can I send some overzealous Apple fans from MR?

You have to be a trusted and big developer. This shouldn't be surprising. Here's a newsflash: Apple sends seeds of MacOS X to big trusted developers before the general developers too!

And guess what? MS does the same!

rikers_mailbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2003
LA-la-land
maybe not AppleTV store (yet), but more like training on Apple's vision for AirPlay.

Hulu, Netflix, ABC, and other likewise content apps that stream to AppleTV seems more immediate.

It's great that Apple is providing tools and ecosystems of hardware that developers can't keep up with. There's a lot of upside potential for iOS apps that play nicely with iPhone, iPad, AppleTV or combinations thereof.

genks

macrumors newbie
Jan 18, 2010
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8B117 Safari/6531.22.7)

I hope it's about an Apple tv app store cause that's the big reason I'm still holding out on getting one.

Diode

macrumors 68020
Apr 15, 2004
Washington DC
Hopefully something ATV2 related will come out of this. IE in order to have some strong apps before the launch of a Apple TV app store.

Bring in Hulu, ABC and other agencies that do content streaming.....

Caliber26

macrumors 68020
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
apples-app-store-icon-o.jpg

141257-app_store_icon.jpg

They are definitely different, and I prefer the one used in the article

Wait....WHAT??? I must have some really bad iSight because I cannot spot a difference between these two icons, other than size and pixelation.

Edit: Okay, yeah, I see the difference now ('rays of light' going into the circle?) but, really, I don't see how much of a difference that would make when viewing on a 3.5" screen.

And, like most people on here, HOPE that Apple TV will soon see an App Store of its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.