Apple Reports Best Non-Holiday Quarter Ever With $5.99 Billion Profit for Q2 2011

Dave00

macrumors 6502a
Dec 2, 2003
Pittsburgh
Visit site
Are they going to wait until they have a $100 billion cash stockpile before giving a dividend?
The problem - at least according to one investment blog - is that it's money located offshore. If they distribute a dividend, they have to pay corporate tax on it. If the US ever declares another corporate tax holiday, they just might hand out a dividend.

KingCrimson

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2011
2 questions/points to ponder:

1. How much cash does AAPL have as of Apriil 22, 2011

2. Doesn't the cash after say $30 billion basically become just investment vehicles? You can do all the pre-purchasing of supplies + R&D with WELL under $30 billion for a company like Apple. Essentially companies like MSFT/AAPL/Google with HUGE cash reserves become like banks.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Apple doesn't give a damn about the shareholders any more than they do about the customers, sorry.
What makes you say this? I'm curious about your take on Apple's motives.

Personally, I think that Apple goes above and beyond to please the shareholder. They may do it in a different way than other Fortune 500 companies (i.e. vertical integration, small portfolio of products, compete in focused markets), but you can't argue the results. Apple has been rewarding the shareholders for close to a decade now, with very few hiccups.