Apple reveals MMS in iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by moveteam, Jun 27, 2008.

1. moveteam macrumors member

Today TeliaSonera announced all the plans and prices in whole Scandinavia, but the "exciting" part about this, is Telia Denmark has send press material out to.. yeaah the press :p

While MMS isn't mentioned on telia.dk/iphone it's mentioned here (as unlimtied MMS), it's Apple designed, clearly not Telia, because of that I believe MMS will be available.

Link? Here ya go: http://iphoneguide.dk/3g/telia-offentliggører-priser-pa-iphone-3g-i-danmark/

2. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Good find, although it could just be a mistake as MMS wasn't an accidental omission.

3. -M7- macrumors member

Since the iPhone can not handle MMS why should they charge you for it? ;)

4. DreamPod macrumors 65816

DreamPod

I don't get your logic...Apple didn't mention MMS at all anywhere....

5. Mad Mac Maniac macrumors 601

Mad Mac Maniac

A little bit of here and a little bit of there.
    can anybody read that last part on the bottom that mentions MMS? that would be the important part

6. moveteam thread starter macrumors member

He just says that MMS is both mentioned in the press release and in the graphic send from Telia.

I could live without MMS, but it's still interessting.

7. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I could live without it, but it would be nice to shut the others up about the iPhone lacking it as a must have feature.

8. frosse macrumors 6502a

Okay, I'm swedish but I'll try.

"MM is mentioned both here on the graphics, that is being shown on this page, that I have received from Telia and on the press release that I have also received. If this is an error or "slip of the tongue", I dont know."

9. earnjam macrumors 6502a

earnjam

Looks like it's just a mention from the blog author that he isn't sure if it's true or typo.

From Google Translator:

10. Rojo macrumors 65816

Rojo

I'm not really excited by MMS, per se -- never used it before, won't use it now -- but I AM excited that this could possibly mean other minor updates coming in 2.0 that we haven't seen yet. :D

11. veeco3110 macrumors 6502

veeco3110

they didn't mention the front facing camera either haha jokes

12. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

Agreed. Honestly, there have been a few times where I would have liked it, but on the whole, I haven't missed it. However, it does seem like a big omission for such a high-end phone.

13. johnwin macrumors 6502

johnwin

My last 4 phones have all has MMS and I have N E V E R used this function. I'm totally disinterested in having this 'must have ' function.

That said it does seem odd apple don't include it. oh well

14. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

I have already acclimated to sending and receiving MMS messages by email. I was able to inform everyone that sends me MMS messages to just add my email to my contact on their phone and direct the MMS to it, and they all have. It works every time, requires no extra steps on my part or theirs, and it makes it easier for me to get the pictures I want saved to my computer.

That said, I don't care if they ever add MMS and I actually kind of hope they don't give in. The entire crowd of people pissing and moaning over not having MMS is very reminiscent of the times when Apple stopped including floppy drives in their computers. Not to mention it is comical to see how worked up people get over it not being there, and even more comical to see how angry they get when you try to explain how easy it is to use email as a work around.

15. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

I'm excited because it could mean an end to all the posts moaning about the lack of MMS :D

16. Telp macrumors 68040

Telp

Hear Hear !! Although when it's released everyone can move on to something else to kvetch about.

17. razorianfly macrumors 65816

razorianfly

Exactly.

This is how I would interpret this. This is a standard template of services TeliaSonera offer on thier phone contracts, and MMS is obviously not chargable as the iPhone 3G is not capable of it.

R-Fly

18. circusbass macrumors regular

There is no way I am EVER going to believe the iPhone is NOT capable of MMS. A phone that is this advanced has to be capable of it, it's just not enabled yet.

19. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

i wouldn't be a big user of MMS when it comes to sending
    but I would like to be able to recieve MMS messages without goin to the internet

20. waterskier2007 macrumors 68000

waterskier2007

all you people saying that you have gotten "acclimated to sending them through email" can just stop it. dont try and tell me you would rather send via email. and quit saying that it is not a feature this phone should have. if it was not a good feature then why do 80% of the phones in the US have it. its a feature we need to have and thats it. while i dont use it at all (mainly because i cant) i hate getting pictures and having to go on my computer to view it because my phone doesnt have flash (but thats a another story in itself)

21. Jeff42037 macrumors regular

I would love to see this SIMPLE feature added then I wouldn't need Copy n Paste for that damn website....

22. CrazEtooN macrumors regular

I'm sorry but I guess I didn't get the memo saying that I am not allowed to be pleased with using email in place of MMS just because it bothers you. I am sorry that I understand how to do it and that it works great for me, but I shouldn't and I should instead piss and moan about it to make you happy.

Let's see... On my BlackBerry, the steps were as follows:

1. Open the Messages account
    2. Hit menu > compose MMS
    3. Highlight the "to" field and enter a phone number or contact
    4. Write the subject line and body message
    5. Hit menu > attach picture
    6. Scroll through my pictures and find the one I want
    7. After it attaches, hit menu > send

On my iPhone it is...

1. Open Photos
    2. Choose a photo
    3. Hit send as email
    4. Choose a contact's phone's MMS email address instead of their phone number (which I have saved to every contact that I actually send/receive MMS messages from/to)
    5. Write the subject line and body message
    6. Hit send

Wow, that was so much harder. You're right! What was I thinking for not being bothered by that? Oh, the nerve of me! Damn Apple for making my life so much more difficult! Damn you to hell! Just like when you had the forethought to stop including floppy drives, you awful, awful company!

Does that work better for you? :rolleyes:

23. Mitch1984 macrumors 6502

Mitch1984

MMS is instant, not all email is push yet, alot more people have MMS capable phones than configured email on their phone.
    It's not like they'd have to have additional hardware to support it, just an extra button taking up a bit of extra screen real estate.

Do these MMS on the iphone idea haters just hate it because they are sick of hearing people requesting it or is there another reason?

24. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I don't hate the idea of MMS, I just would never use it. Like many others have said, if I want to send a picture to someone I'll just email it to them. That's what comes naturally to me and I would do the same thing even if the phone did have MMS. My 14 yo niece complains from time to time of the lack of MMS on her iPhone, but I'm sure if she knew how to send and receive via email she would see it as a viable alternative. I can't really say because I've never used MMS and therefore don't miss it.

@CrazEtooN, ha ha. That was sarcasm at its finest.

25. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Agreed. There is no absolute need for MMS on the iPhone. I, and everyone I know would always rather email.

In fact, I would never use MMS.