Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today at the Steve Jobs Theater announced a new generation of Apple Watch called Apple Watch Series 3.

apple-watch-series-3.jpg

Apple Watch Series 3 is available with cellular capabilities built right into the device, so you can leave your iPhone behind and still send or receive calls and messages, listen to Apple Music, and more over LTE or 3G. Apple Watch shares the same phone number as your iPhone, but it requires an add-on plan.

Apple Watch Series 3 is also available in a Wi-Fi + GPS version without cellular. All models feature a 70 percent faster dual-core processor, a new Apple W2 chip, and a barometric altimeter.

Series 3 models look the same as Series 2 models, with 38mm and 42mm sizes in gold, silver or space gray aluminum, or silver or space black stainless steel.

Apple Watch Series 3 pre-orders start on Friday, September 15, with in-store availability beginning September 22, in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Japan, Puerto Rico, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.

Wi-Fi + GPS models start at $329, while Wi-Fi + GPS + Cellular models start at $399.

In addition, watchOS 4 includes a Heart Rate complication, and the smart watch can measure new heart rate data like resting heart rate. The Apple Watch will also notify you when it detects an elevated heart rate, and can even detect irregular heart beat rhythm thanks to the new "Apple Heart Study." watchOS 4 debuts September 19.

Article Link: Apple Reveals New 'Apple Watch Series 3' Models With LTE and Faster Dual-Core Processor

Sunny1990

Suspended
Feb 13, 2015
In addition, watchOS 4 includes a Heart Rate complication, and the smart watch can measure new heart rate data like resting heart rate. The Apple Watch will also notify you when it detects anelevated heart rate, and can even detect irregular heart beat rhythm thanks to thenew "Apple Heart Study."

It will be helpful for people suffering with heart conditions.

Really like the new Apple watch. With added LTE this was the watch i was looking for.
uncontrollable%20laughter.gif

Last edited:
Comment

Delgibbons

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2016
London
Will UK networks support this now....i hope so, then the Samsung S3 Frontier will work with its eSim too.

Hope this kicks UK networks up the ass

Reactions: smileman
Comment

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
They did a nice job with adding LTE, new casing options and a black ceramic Edition. But LTE won't be for me. I do like the idea how you can stream your music with your AirPods while using your Apple Watch. That's a really nice feature.

Comment

tkukoc

Cancelled
Sep 16, 2014
Pass, the fact they couldn't give a monthly price means it's going to be high. I'm guessing 15-20.00 a month. I can't see a reason to pay that much for it. And without cellular 329 is a good deal but Series 2 can do all the same stuff minus stairs.. so again no reason to upgrade.

Comment

profets

macrumors 601
Mar 18, 2009
Ugh.. only certain carriers. Need to get more on board for eSIM.

I’m sure they’re working on it for future iPhones.

Reactions: iPadCary
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.