Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

DrumApple

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
These new ads make me cringe. Terrible. The less advertising a company like Apple does, the better.

mrgraff

macrumors 65816
Apr 18, 2010
Albuquerque
I predict that some people will like these ads, and some will not. I'm not even sure why these threads even exist.

HenryDJP

Suspended
Nov 25, 2012
United States
I was just royally sick of the shameless promoting of the Samsung Galaxy products. Wanted to throw a kettlebell at my TV every time a Samsung ad appeared. Bad enough the Oscar reporters had to promote the Galaxy Tab and note. That was just beyond classless Sammy.:mad:

BvizioN

macrumors 603
Mar 16, 2012
Manchester, UK
Fail...

The words are "Lights," "Camera," "Action."

Yes I know you were trying to make a point, but it didn't work. :rolleyes:

I seriously laugh at those who say these ads are annoying and loud. Get a grip people, it's a 30 second ad and they 'yell' every 10 seconds for .5 second. Not that bad people. Maybe some are on their computers too much and the slightest noise hurts their ear drums. :( Hope none you live the big city, you might hear a car honk or someone sneeze in your home. :p

:rolleyes:

I think it must be the age thing :D

carl0sian

macrumors regular
Oct 30, 2011
What?!?! No specs at all listed on the Ad?!?!!? come on Apple, get with the program. ahahahahahhaahha!! I like the commercial:apple:

coltman75

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
Maybe so, but for a company that has one of the best advertising teams in the world, Apple shouldn't be airing any ads that are even remotely annoying. And these are certainly more than just remotely...

You know that Apple outsources their marketing to an outside firm, right? There isn't a dedicated marketing team in Apple HQ. So it's hard to say that Apple has the best marketing team in the world when it's just a firm that literally anyone else can hire, too.

Renzatic

Suspended
I was just royally sick of the shameless promoting of the Samsung Galaxy products. Wanted to throw a kettlebell at my TV every time a Samsung ad appeared. Bad enough the Oscar reporters had to promote the Galaxy Tab and note. That was just beyond classless Sammy.:mad:

I agree. Product placements are stupid and base, only perpetrated by the desperate and needy. Just ask Alec Baldwin! He hates product pla..

apple-alec-baldwin-iphone.jpg

...cements.

Foot in mouth. Oh shi...

coltman75

macrumors regular
Jun 22, 2010
I agree. It seems the viewer is bombarded with too much information, in which case people tend to tune out.
In advertising, simple powerful messages usually work better.

The simple message is "iPad does a lot of things."

I think the ad is more than effective doing that.

ThunderSkunk

macrumors 68040
Dec 31, 2007
Milwaukee Area
You know that Apple outsources their marketing to an outside firm, right? There isn't a dedicated marketing team in Apple HQ. So it's hard to say that Apple has the best marketing team in the world when it's just a firm that literally anyone else can hire, too.

Ehhh, marketing or advertising? I know apple shops around for decent ad agencies, (as does everyone, as they should), but if apple didn't have a marketing department of their own, it would be... definitely a big deal. ...and a miracle they're still in business.

gijoeinla

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Point is, bad commercials or what (I think they OK), Apple is making itself visible to the movie loving world.

Thank you.. While so many flock to these "forums" to define whether these ads are liked or not - they AREN'T at all geared toward core Apple Fans - hello! What about that do so many of you don't understand ??? Apples way way PAST marketing to its core -- um especially with the iPad...

The FOCUS of these ads continue to be about the *potential* uses of SOFTWARE.. On their hardware.. Doh!

I hosted a three room projection screen driven Oscar Party with over 100 creatives from the film and music community -- I can honestly say the rooms and tables were abuzz how stupid and lame the SAMSUNG's ads were and how much of a train wreck their new "business trust campaign " . Their ads are TUNE OUT bad -- so boring so stupid and so non brand building. ***** lame... I mean they went from effective to ineffective in a matter of months -- the genius behind the anti Apple ads aired at iPhone 5 launch was poached by Google -- it shows..

From the marketing peeps at my place - we all thought that Apples attention to simple app promoting ads are the ONLY way to communicate the ADVANTAGES for sticking with Apple the brand -- it's the experience stupid -- the ads correctly reflect the experience. They work. Plus - since Samsung is mistakenly hitting on business throughout the telecast -- Apples ad team rightfully hit home how the iPad offers endless -- unique opportunities via how far ahead it's app developers already are..

The next flank isn't so much the hardwares capabilities but what software can do WITH the hardware... Smart move.

Last edited:

HiRez

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2004
Western US
I finally figured out why I don't like it. The people saying the words sound like people at a flashmob yelling things out. And I hate flashmobs with a passion.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.