Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Loganeer

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
I’m one of the 65% that actually love it. I have IOS 11 installed on an iPad Pro 9.7 and an iPhone 6S. Both devices run faster and smoother than in IOS 10. I’ll admit battery life isn’t as great but I’m fine with it since I love the experience.

There’s just something cool about the feel of this version. It has this buttery smoothness and responsiveness that makes the iPad and iPhone more of a joy to use. My friend still has 10 installed on an IPad and it feels somewhat “done,” like nothing new or exciting will be happening with it, still works fine though. I’m enjoying the IOS 11 experience and look forward to more.

Last edited:

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Not surprising: a release full of bugs, no new features and that slows your phone to the point it’s unusable.

I wonder where are all those who said it was a great release full of features and that ARkit was revolutionary
Those people are living in their reality distortion field, with their precious shiny new iPhone X. They are not here.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Doesn’t appear?

Stock prices and markets are always FORWARD looking, not prior. Do you know anything about the stock market? One of the first things you learn is that the markets trade on the future, not the past.

Furthermore, all of Apple’s financials and every public companies are audited and reported, so publicly traded companies by definition cannot hide relevant financial information such as sales, profit, margins, cash, and units sold.

You literally have no clue what you’re talking about.
You are entitled to your opinion. Internal politics, personnel changes, product plans, strategic direction, etc. don't show up on corporate financial statements. Things like the level of quality of the products and actual customer satisfaction (not surveys) can be inferred by particular elements of a financial referred. The stock prices don't reflect those internal things until they become visible.

Last edited:
Reactions: ackmondual

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I wish they'd stop bragging about this kind of thing. It is NOT reflective of anything at all except that they are completely opaque on security matters.

Let me put it this way. IF Apple allowed anyone to use any version of iOS they wanted, and you could FREELY switch from ANY version of iOS between the one your hardware shipped with, and the last one it's capable of running, upgrading and/or downgrading AT WILL, and GUARANTEED to support with security updates, ALL versions of iOS still running on ANY devices, THEN we'd see how much people would choose their most recent version of iOS.

Apple boasting about the adoption rates of their latest version of software is like a mugger bragging about how much people just LOVE giving him their valuables.

This is one of many reasons I'm about ready to wash my hands of Apple for the last time.
The scenario you just described is exactly what Microsoft Windows does for decades. And you could see how windows xp still hold strong for a full decade, and now windows 7.

If Apple allows software downgrade, people would stick to versions like iOS 9, 10, or god forbidden, anything below iOS 6 if device is supported.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
To put it into perspective, at this point in time iOS 10 was 77%. iOS11 is 12% BEHIND last years adoption. That says something. But of course people will try and defend and deflect. iOS11 has big issues.

Legionnaire

Suspended
Oct 10, 2011
Only issue I have with ios11, is tinder hangs. I believe its a tinder bug, as I have to force close the app. Messing up my game. Other than that runs flawless.

Williesleg

Cancelled
Oct 28, 2014
One thing that's great with iOS is everybody upgrades!

That's a nice thing to have. I guess because software updates are free? As in crack?

Baymowe335

Suspended
Oct 6, 2017
You are entitled to your opinion. Internal politics, personnel changes, product plans, strategic direction, etc. don't show up on corporate financial statements. Things like the level of quality of the products and actual customer satisfaction (not surveys) can be inferred by particular elements of a financial referred. The stock prices don't reflect those internal things until they become visible.
Stocks being FORWARD looking is NOT an opinion to anyone in the finance world. You got caught in a fundamental error regarding stocks. Care to at last concede that or want to dig your heels in?

ACTUAL customer satisfaction for Apple products is also objectively industry leading.

Reactions: tooloud10

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
The scenario you just described is exactly what Microsoft Windows does for decades. And you could see how windows xp still hold strong for a full decade, and now windows 7.

If Apple allows software downgrade, people would stick to versions like iOS 9, 10, or god forbidden, anything below iOS 6 if device is supported.
Realistically speaking, Windows XP and 7 being so widespread doesn't have that much to do with being able to downgrade as it has to do with plenty of commercial and even industrial world using Windows and simply not wanting or caring or having the resources to deal with updates and upgrades. It's part of the reason why so many boxes would at times get affected by some exploit that has already been patched, because in those commercial and industrial situations many times they are quite behind on updates if they even ever really bother with them at all.
[doublepost=1516566247][/doublepost]
To put it into perspective, at this point in time iOS 10 was 77%. iOS11 is 12% BEHIND last years adoption. That says something. But of course people will try and defend and deflect. iOS11 has big issues.
Why does that say?

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
Lol can’t wait for iOS 12. I can’t even imagine what more “features” they have in store for us.

As much I think the Music & Podcast couldn't get much worse, I'm curious to see how much worse the Music & Podcast apps will get with 12.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
As much I think the Music & Podcast couldn't get much worse, I'm curious to see how much worse the Music & Podcast apps will get with 12.
A more convoluted interface with no support to local music listening. Purely Apple Music.

Tozovac

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2014
At the moment iTunes is just my on-computer organizer of my music & media, having bought into the then-good Apple system in 2005. Somehow I've stuck thru with iTunes despite Apple's best attempts at inspiring me to move on with that abomination of unnecessary reinventions called iTunes 12.

On iOS devices I use Audyssey and haven't used the Music app in years, but I will be trying some other options from this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/alternatives-to-music-app.1897484/page-4#post-25727309

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
At the moment iTunes is just my on-computer organizer of my music & media, having bought into the then-good Apple system in 2005. Somehow I've stuck thru with iTunes despite Apple's best attempts at inspiring me to move on with that abomination of unnecessary reinventions called iTunes 12.

On iOS devices I use Audyssey and haven't used the Music app in years, but I will be trying some other options from this thread:

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/alternatives-to-music-app.1897484/page-4#post-25727309
I have spent considerable amount of time on my iTunes library. I now have over 2TB of music library, while a large portion is hires music. One thing I find frustrating is Apple limits the A9 to not support 96kHz/24bit format, but only up to 48kHz/24bit.

If Apple does choose to ditch local music library support and force everyone to subscribe to Apple Music, I will immediately migrate my music library to third party apps. The downside however, is I need to find other ways to edit metadata effectively, and transfer music to and from device. Oh, my Apple Watch will never be able to be used to listen to music after that.

The end of local music library support is the end i am using iPhone or any Apple device to listen to my music.

MacBH928

macrumors G3
May 17, 2008
is iOS really that bad? I have reasons that stopped me from upgrading but now I feel glad

navigates

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2008
is iOS really that bad? I have reasons that stopped me from upgrading but now I feel glad

Apple did allow to downgrade sometime about last week. it was a sweet glitch.
As for me I'm happy on my speedy 6s plus with ios 9 and pptp vpn.

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Far too many people are too tightly connected to the Apple ecosystem, and the ability to downgrade is of no importance to an overwhelming majority of them. That makes it very unlikely that Apple will voluntarily provide a way for customers to revert their iOS devices to a previous version of iOS. There's just too much benefit for Apple with the current practice for them to back off of that.

Everyone has their own pain threshold and as long as the cumulative pain is below that level, they'll continue to be in Appleland. That is not to say that everyone experiences "pain" in owning Apple products. :)

rweed

macrumors regular
Dec 29, 2012
Only one of them was on iOS 11 and she said it was by accident and she wish she could go back. I ended up recommending the tvOS profile to prevent the constant daily harassment Apple insists on.
You put the tvOS beta profile on your iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.