Apple Seeds Eleventh Beta of macOS Mojave to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Sep 12, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the eleventh beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after releasing the tenth beta and more than two months after introducing the software at the Worldwide Developers Conference.

macOS Mojave introduces a new method of installing software updates, so after the initial beta has been installed using the appropriate profile from the Developer Center, additional betas can be downloaded through opening up System Preferences and choosing the "Software Update" option.

Apple's macOS Mojave update introduces a systemwide Dark Mode, with Mojave users able to choose between a light theme or the new dark theme, which changes the color of the dock, menu bar, apps, and other elements. Dark Mode is accompanied by Dynamic Desktops, aka wallpapers that subtly change throughout the day.

Stacks, a new desktop organization system, keeps all of your desktop files neat and organized, while Finder has been enhanced with a Gallery View, a Sidebar, a revamped Quick Look option and Quick Actions, so you can do more in the Finder window than ever before.

Screenshots can now be edited using Markup tools and a new management options that also allow for easy screen recording, while Continuity camera, a new feature, allows you to import photos and document scans directly from an iPhone or iPad to the Mac.

[​IMG]

The Apple News, Stocks, Home, and Voice Memos apps have been ported from iOS to macOS as part of a multiyear project Apple is working on to make it easier to bring iOS apps to Macs, and Apple has introduced several new privacy protections to keep your data safer than ever.

Apple is also making it harder for websites to track you with a range of new Safari tools, and it's also easier to make and store secure, hard-to-guess passwords for each and every website.

Apple has added an entirely revamped Mac App Store to macOS Mojave that makes it easier to discover apps with a featured section and specific categories for games, creative apps, productivity apps, apps for developers, and more.

[​IMG]

macOS Mojave was initially supposed to include a Group FaceTime feature that includes support for chatting with up to 32 people at one time, but it was removed in macOS Mojave beta 7 and the feature won't be available until later in the year.

macOS Mojave is available to developers and public beta testers to work out bugs and other issues ahead of an upcoming public release on September 24.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Eleventh Beta of macOS Mojave to Developers

2. Eorlas macrumors 6502

dang, was hoping for a GM today. guess only one more week until then

3. saulinpa macrumors 6502a

Still time to add boot screens to cMP !!!!

4. martyjmclean macrumors regular

martyjmclean

I haven’t been this keen for a macOS release in years! I might even upgrade on the .1 release instead of the .6...

5. antmarobel macrumors 6502

antmarobel

6. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502a

MisterAndrew

Looks like a GM candidate. Build 18A389.

7. Chris The Bipolarbear macrumors regular

Chris The Bipolarbear

Build number is 18A389, as it docent have a letter at the end it could be a "GM candidate"

8. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502a

MisterAndrew

9. roncron macrumors 6502

roncron

10. highvoltage12v macrumors regular

highvoltage12v

Just downloaded the full installer (Build 18A389) Firmware update for the 2010 Mac Pro is still 138.0.0.0.0. So still no boot screens.

11. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502a

MisterAndrew

Aw sad. Thanks for checking though.

12. JesperA macrumors 6502a

What about Xcode 10? Is it also released as a non beta?

13. Chris The Bipolarbear macrumors regular

Chris The Bipolarbear

On the Developer Site there is Xcode 10 GM seed build 10A254a

14. KoolAid-Drink macrumors 65816

Why wouldn't Mojave have a boot screen for the Mac Pro? They do for my rMBP. :confused:

15. tywebb13 macrumors 68020

16. n-evo macrumors 65816

n-evo

You set yourself up for unnecessary disappointment then. In recent years Apple has never released the GM of the next major macOS version right after a September iPhone event. If ever.

17. kaeferfreund macrumors newbie

kaeferfreund

they have NOT fixed the FullScreen Video Bug in Safari where the distortions arrive if your Mac is set to standard resolution (1650x1050 with my machine) THAT is really annoying!

BUT what I find really encouraging is that everything in GM1 seems still a bit more responsive than in the previous beta :) really, really, really good work. Also the Touch Bar seems to behave quite stable so far on my 2018 machine :)

18. BWhaler macrumors 68030

BWhaler

I’m looking forward to this more than anything else. Apple focusing on the Mac against-or so we hope.

19. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 68040

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

The boot screen in the cMP and older machines was in the GPU firmware. Newer machines have the boot screen in the logic board firmware.

20. uneeko1ne macrumors member

uneeko1ne

21. Chris The Bipolarbear macrumors regular

Chris The Bipolarbear

Screenshot 2018-09-12 at 16.01.33.png Screenshot 2018-09-12 at 16.25.23.png
    Upper screen shot Beta 10 Lower Beta 11 Note the removal of the word BETA I would say this is a GM candidate!!

22. justperry macrumors G3

justperry

Good, my 2012 MacbookPro has issues with the last beta, spinning wheels galore, after a PRAM reset and a safe boot it got a bit better but still not 100%.
    Even though I have a 750 Mb fiber Software Update can't seem to connect, my Mac Mini is sharing my internet over Wifi, and downloading iOS 12, still don't get it though, my MBP is also connected with wires yet can't seem to connect, says no response.

23. dogslobber macrumors 68040

dogslobber

Must still be too many stopper bugs to allow it to ship with all other release. Bit of a poke in the eye for the Mac OS team that.

24. luvbug macrumors regular

luvbug

Actually, Apple doesn't attempt to release MacOS GM in the same time as the iOS GM. I think that's mostly do to logistics. As Tim said, there's now 2B iOS devices. Apple has always, in the past, waited for the latest iOS GM to get out in the wild for a week or so, before starting the MacOS GM release. In other words, Apple wasn't targeting Mohave to be GM at the same time as iOS 12, so no, they aren't taking a "bit of a poke in the eye".

25. Boomer5100 macrumors newbie

How do you get the full installer? From previous Mojave beta the software update does not download the installer app.