Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Just installed it and it's performing a lot better than the previous release.

Rocko99991

macrumors 68000
Jul 25, 2017
Will Mojave be similar to IOS 12 in that it will run better than High Sierra on older devices?

Sovon Halder

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2016
India
Can you upload them to imgur? It's not loading for me.

pp3g2J-min.jpg

RedGala

macrumors regular
Jun 17, 2015
WARNING:
My Mac rebooted to a black screen with a disabled symbol, and I’m currently in recovery mode trying to repair my disk. Restarting and going into single user mode gave the same system directory error. Beware!

Note that I am using a 2015 rMBP.

Reactions: jhfenton

BWhaler

macrumors 68040
Jan 8, 2003
Can’t wait.

I’d love to buy some new hardware to go with Mohave, but no way am I risking buying into this generation of Apple hardware. I think Apple is working hard to course correct—or so I hope—but it’s too risky.

I, like many pros, are holding on to old hardare with ports, a joyful reliable keyboard, cable management, et al., as long as I can. I hope Apple in 2019 fixes the hardware line.

Reactions: ateslik

stumpapi

macrumors member
Aug 1, 2010
Maine
WARNING:
My Mac rebooted to a black screen with a disabled symbol, and I’m currently in recovery mode trying to repair my disk. Restarting and going into single user mode gave the same system directory error. Beware!

Note that I am using a 2015 rMBP.

Same thing happened on my 2015 rMBP.

Lotti

macrumors member
Oct 28, 2006
Can anyone who's installed Mohave Beta 5 on a 2018 MacBook Pro confirm that the screen brightness setting bug has been fixed? I see a mention in the Release Notes but would appreciate someone who has actually installed it to confirm before I dive in... thanks.

StellarVixen

macrumors 68040
Mar 1, 2018
Somewhere between 0 and 1
The Disk Utility tool should have the same functionality as the one that you run via the command line. This GUI implementation since the El Capitan is laughable.

How hard can it be? I mean, really, a GUI app which will execute the same commands.

Last edited:

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Please explain. Better, how?
Native applications open a bit quicker and the Desktop & Screen Saver no longer locks up or lags. System Preferences overall appears to perform better. I don't know if anyone else has had issues but I definitely noticed an improvement on my iMac.

Reactions: Sovon Halder

kissmo

Cancelled
Jun 29, 2011
Budapest, Hungary
Native applications open a bit quicker and the Desktop & Screen Saver no longer locks up or lags. System Preferences overall appears to perform better. I don't know if anyone else has had issues but I definitely noticed an improvement on my iMac.
I have currently issues with System Prefferences - utra slow on Desktop and ScreenSaver, Safari slows down and hangs sometimes when playing some videos.
Generally the OS is slower (it was degrading in time).

I am on PB so this update will most likely come tomorrow but I can confirm I was experiencing similar behaviour such as you.

Candlelight

macrumors 6502a
Oct 12, 2011
New Zealand
Main issue I've got with Mojave at the moment is it takes ages to wake up from screensaver. Like up to 30 seconds for it to recognize I've banged the space bar or clicked the mouse.

Otherwise it's very stable.

ersan191

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2013
This build fixed Siri for me, the "Upgrade to Wi-Fi Calling" button is back in Facetime but Enabling it still doesn't seem to work for me, scrolling in Marzipan apps is smoother but there are still some graphical glitches. General performance and WebKit performance seem improved.

Those were my only issues with earlier betas.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.