Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bryanzak

macrumors member
Feb 27, 2002
THIS + smart album syncing would be great. I created some Smart Albums in Photos but they didn't sync to my iPhone.

Because smart albums don't exist on iOS? I'd wager a future update to the iOS Photos app will add smart albums and you can be sure they will sync

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
Safari seem to be really responsive for *me* in this build.

----------

It's the same network stack, some of the bluetooth issues are causing the Wi-Fi to drop connections. I had to switch to disabling it to ensure Wi-Fi remains stable.

SlCKB0Y

macrumors 68040
Feb 25, 2012
Sydney, Australia
List of countries by life expectancy - Wikipedia, the free ...
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_life_expectancy
Wikipedia
Worldwide, the average life expectancy at birth was 71.0 years (68.5 years for males and 73.5 years for females) over the period 2010–2013 according to United Nations World Population Prospects 2012 Revision, or 70.7 years (68.2 years for males and 73.2 years for females) for 2009 according to The World Factbook.

And probably 90% of people in this forum (the audience of the original quote) are from a country in the top 40 of that list which would make the average well above 80.

Add to this that your average is skewed by the bottom 30 countries, mostly in Africa, which are being decimated by poverty, general disease, famine, war and AIDS and your average is not at all representative.

----------

Wifi this, wifi that. Get another router.

Yea, that's a reasonable suggestion to someone experiencing a bug in a beta who owns Apples own router. :rolleyes:

----------

The AVERAGE in the entire world is 71.

Swaziland is the lowest at 49, Japan is highest at 83.

He was quoting WHO figures.

Japan is 84.6
Sierra Leone is 38.

----------

Normally I'd agree with such a comment, but it's a real issue in beta 4 that multiple people have experienced who weren't experiencing the problems in previous betas.

It was not a reasonable suggestion under any circumstances. Having to spend $100-$200 because Apple's WiFi implementation is broken is not reasonable.

Last edited:

amro

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2008
Bluetooth speaer and Skype

Ever since the beta's, my Bose SoundLink and Skype don't work after the first use. I have to reboot almost every time. Haven't done enough testing to see where the breakdown occurs. It could be after screen lock or speaker disconnecting after no use or Skype itself. Not sure.

mr.bee

macrumors 6502a
May 24, 2007
Antwerp, belgium
great to see how this thread evolved into a discussion about the importance of emojis and the definition of early.

let it go people! :p

This beta still hasn't solved my FaceTime issue that was mentioned before.
And since the betas my shortcut's sometimes don't seem to work? simple things like cmd+q or so. I had to reboot to let them work again

pietrociao

macrumors member
Jan 28, 2013
All faces disappeared from Photos in the previous one, I'm glad to see they are back and new faces detection is much smoother.

mreed911

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2008
Display Rotation Issues?

Is anyone else having problems with a 270-degree rotated external display? Was working fine under 10.10.1 and 10.10.2, but 10.10.3 Beta 2 and higher borked it. Reported via Apple Feedback, just trying to make sure it's not just me.

Changed MDP->HDMI adapter, no change. Changed HDMI cable, no change. Works FINE if not rotated. Once rotated and set to 90 or 270 in display prefs, redraw stops and it's completely frozen on whatever the last image on the screen was, even across reboots.

ttss6

macrumors 6502
Mar 28, 2014
California
I have the public beta seed and the feedback assistant crashes each time I try to open it and it's icon is missing. Any ideas on how to fix this? I'd love to give feedback on some bugs..

Asclepio

macrumors 6502a
Jul 11, 2011
this is the worst release since the first beta. epilepsy lags, frames drop attacks , schizo wifi, bipolar safari, binge cpu. what they have in mind?

theonekcrow

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2009
Indiana
Seems to be working a lot better for me. Fixed the iCloud photo library sync being stuck on an arbitrary number issue.

To be more precise: The last update broke Faces in the update. Repairing the Library fixed it, but if iCloud Photo Library was enabled, it froze the update at a number. At the bottom of the photos tab, it would give the number of photos in the Library and say... "Uploading 2,954 Photos" but it would never work.

Last edited:

flowsy

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2009
Germany
No problems whatsoever. Still running great on my old MBA.

Only thing that's bugging me is having to continually(!) use the Continuity Activation Tool even though my Mac would support it from the start. I'm happy for the tool but it's f*c*'d up on Apples part.

mattthecoolguy

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
For me on my rMBP (mid-2014), all of the animations are fixed.
I don't think I have ever seen anything so snappy (sorry).
Seriously though, I've been doing everything I can to see any kind of slowdown and it hasn't lagged once. Everything is instantly responding to my touch.

EltonT

macrumors member
Oct 23, 2010
I'm tempted to install the beta but will I need to wipe my machine to install the final release?

mreed911

macrumors member
Mar 19, 2008
Was working fine under 10.10.1 and 10.10.2, but 10.10.3 Beta 2 and higher borked it. Reported via Apple Feedback, just trying to make sure it's not just me.

Beta5 seems to have fixed this. w00t!

Still seeing graphics glitches here and there but the display is usable again.

mattthecoolguy

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015
I'm tempted to install the beta but will I need to wipe my machine to install the final release?

Nope. When the final release of 10.10.3 comes out, it will show up as a software update and will install over the beta. Then when the next beta comes out, it will install over the GM release.

Suspended
Jul 18, 2011
No problems whatsoever. Still running great on my old MBA.

Only thing that's bugging me is having to continually(!) use the Continuity Activation Tool even though my Mac would support it from the start. I'm happy for the tool but it's f*c*'d up on Apples part.

Ditto - works great with a dongle on my MBP 2011-Late. It's a shame the script has to be run each time.

watcurb

macrumors newbie
Feb 1, 2014
Photos Albums Out of Order

So, in iPhoto I have albums that have photos from different events in them in a specific order I arranged. After migrating to Photos, all of my albums are there but the photos in them are completely out of order. Anyone else seeing this problem?

MikhailT

macrumors 601
Nov 12, 2007
So, in iPhoto I have albums that have photos from different events in them in a specific order I arranged. After migrating to Photos, all of my albums are there but the photos in them are completely out of order. Anyone else seeing this problem?

You may need to do a repair on your library, a lot of folks had to do it lately on the betas. To do this, hold the CMD+Option keys before opening Photos.app.

mattthecoolguy

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2015

Go under view and select keep sorted by date.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.