Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first betas of upcoming iOS and iPadOS 13.3.1 updates to developers, one week after the release of iOS 13.3 with Communication Limits for Screen Time.

iOS and iPadOS 13.3.1 can be downloaded from the Apple Developer center or over the air once the proper developer profile has been installed.

ryanscoolios13thumbnail-800x450.jpg

There's no word yet on what's included in the iOS 13.3.1 update, but it likely includes bug fixes for issues unable to be addressed in the iOS 13.3 update. Specifically, it could address some issues with Communication Limits, fixing a workaround with the Contacts app that allowed children text someone who contacted them from an unknown number.

Once we download the update and take a look at what's new, we'll update this article.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First Betas of iOS 13.3.1 and iPadOS 13.3.1 to Developers [Update: Public Beta Available]

Last edited:
Reactions: bobobokota

JosephAW

macrumors 603
May 14, 2012
This is a dumb question but does Apple still seed betas of 12.4.5 before its released?

Mick-Mac

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2011
I cannot wait to get this on my devices!!

I'm sure it will be buttery smooth and you will love it.

So these are two somewhat "reckless" comments. A new beta comes out and somebody just can't wait and another is sure you will love it... I myself am ground down to a nub between iOS-13 and Catalina beta testing. Apple's software quality control just ain't what it used to be and I'm pretty much all done shouldering the personal burden of the beta-garbage often leashed upon us. It's naively eager people like you guys who enable this behavior from Apple... I expect to be slapped down from my high horse - and I suppose I asked for it. Whatever.

IIGS User

macrumors 65816
Feb 24, 2019
So these are two somewhat "reckless" comments. A new beta comes out and somebody just can't wait and another is sure you will love it... I myself am ground down to a nub between iOS-13 and Catalina beta testing. Apple's software quality control just ain't what it used to be and I'm pretty much all done shouldering the personal burden of the beta-garbage often leashed upon us. It's naively eager people like you guys who enable this behavior from Apple... I expect to be slapped down from my high horse - and I suppose I asked for it. Whatever.

I pulled away from the Beta testing program as well. The benefits don't outweigh the trouble it causes, and to be blunt, it became a real pain in the aers.

Apple needs to get their stuff together on the software side, and Supply Chain Tim ain't cutting it.

• Sad
Reactions: Babygotfont

scouser75

macrumors 68030
Oct 7, 2008
Frozen mail fix when opening from a notification?
Maybe we'll be so lucky to finally have Mail fixed in 13.3.1 (!!!)
Wouldn't it be nice if Apple published real release notes for their updates enumerating all user-facing bugs that were fixed?
I highly doubt Apple will fix this absolutely frustrating issue any time soon. In fact, I highly doubt they even know how to fix it considering how long it's been going on for. Mail. Reminders. Calendar. All these notifications are broken.

sinsin07

macrumors 68040
Mar 28, 2009
If you took those comments seriously the "reckless" is on you.
Oh and Slap.

• Sad

MikeZTM

macrumors 6502
Nov 4, 2019
New Jersey, USA
Also a dumb question: if betas for previous IOS versions are still seeded by Apple, can I downgrade my iPhone X by using a beta for 12.4.X?

No, as Apple's firmware sign is limited to device. iPhone X never received any 12.4.x security update so you can not downgrade them to those versions.

12.4.x security update are for devices that doesn't have iOS 13.
[automerge]1576609626[/automerge]

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
I highly doubt Apple will fix this absolutely frustrating issue any time soon. In fact, I highly doubt they even know how to fix it considering how long it's been going on for. Mail. Reminders. Calendar. All these notifications are broken.

Well my frustrating freezing issue started in 13.2. Before that, Mail was working fine for me. Just odd.

• Angry
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.