Apple Seeds First OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite Beta to Developers

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the first beta of an upcoming OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite update to developers, nearly three weeks after first releasing OS X Yosemite to the public.

The new beta, build 14B17, is available through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store and through the Mac Dev Center.

While it is unclear what improvements the first update to OS X Yosemite will bring, there are several bugs in the operating system including a major Wi-Fi issue that has caused connection problems for a number of users.

Apple is asking developers to focus on Wi-Fi, Exchange accounts in Mail, and the Notification Center.

Article Link: Apple Seeds First OS X 10.10.1 Yosemite Beta to Developers

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
Hope it's better. I had to downgrade to mavericks because my MBP wouldn't stay connected to WiFi for more than an hour.

Menopause

macrumors 6502a
Feb 26, 2011
There are several, serious bugs that need to be addressed. Many Apple Discussions forum members and I have major performance problems like system slowdowns, flashing menubar icons, Accessibility Zoom issues with MacBook Pros connected to an external display. After some uptime it becomes almost impossible to use my computer with my external Thunderbolt Display.

I wrote to Tim Cook and Craig Federighi describing all of it, as well as submitted feedback to Apple. Let's hope for the best.

mrbyu

macrumors 6502
Jul 5, 2011
I bet this will have tons of fixes.
Very nice, very nice. Apart from incidental GUI animation choppiness (which can be indeed quite frustrating sometimes), I found Yosemite to be very solid and stable. I'm looking forward to see how the updates will hopefully make it even more polished. I'm definitely not going back to Mavericks. ;)

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Can anyone confirm if Time Machine is fixed?
I'm glad I'm not the only one. People spoke to me like I was mad when I continuously brought up the issue of Time Machine problems throughout the Public Beta.

desertfool

macrumors newbie
Jun 7, 2013
Wisconsin
Flaky WiFi or Safari

I can't figure out if I'm having a WiFi issue or Safari is being flaky. Other apps seem to be fine and able to get out to the internet, but Safari will sit for a few minutes. Hope it gets fixed soon.

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2008
2012 MBPr seems to be working just fine. I'm using the previous version of the Time Capsule and have not noticed any wifi issues. I'm also running the previous TC software, not the latest.

Windlasher

macrumors 6502
Jan 11, 2011
minneapolis
Very nice, very nice. Apart from incidental GUI animation choppiness (which can be indeed quite frustrating sometimes), I found Yosemite to be very solid and stable. I'm looking forward to see how the updates will hopefully make it even more polished. I'm definitely not going back to Mavericks. ;)
Agreed: I am amazingly happy with it but the WIFI thing has gotten to be a serious PITA.

Master Atrus

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2003
A mouthful

All I can say, is that is a mouthful to say. Ten point Ten point One.

I haven't had the troubles others have with WiFi and the like, but anytime bugs are fixed I'm happy. :)

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
I agree it's stable but some reports of lag in Mission Control.

GeneralChang

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2013
The only issue I've had so far has been with lagging on my Magic Mouse. And it's a very intermittent problem. Not a deal breaker, just annoying.

Parasprite

macrumors 68000
Mar 5, 2013
Fluffy unicorns.
About the update

The OS X Yosemite 10.10.1 Update is recommended for all Yosemite users. It improves the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac.

–Fixes an issue causing Macs to periodically disconnect from Wi-Fi
–Fixes issue that sometimes prevented Launchpad from being able to search
–Improves the reliability of waking from sleep on Macs not compatible with Yosemite
–Includes Safari 8.0.1
–Fluffy unicorns