Apple Seeds First OS X 10.10.5 Beta to Public Beta Testers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jul 16, 2015.

1. Nueve macrumors member

Has anyone received the update through the App store?

2. jayducharme macrumors 68040

jayducharme

I'm having a lot of issues. Finder is really wonky, for one thing. Any defaults I set are quickly forgotten. Copying files sometimes results in an image of a file or folder that appears half-finished when it's actually completed. Final Cut Pro now has graphics glitches that never existed in the previous OS, and it hangs a lot.

On the other hand, the Beta of Yosemite was (for me) rock-solid, with very few glitches. I'm surprised at the number of issues I'm seeing with 10.11, especially since it's supposedly an under-the-hood tweak to Yosemite.

3. mariusignorello macrumors 68000

Gotta live on the bleeding edge man.

4. smokesletsgo macrumors regular

Thing is, Yosemite doesn't feel more stable than El Capitan Beta is. So why use older beta instead of a newer one?

5. charlien macrumors 6502

I hate Yosemite. Wireless drops on my new MBP are unforgivable. It has seriously tarnished my image of Apple. I hoped 10.10.4 would have fixed it but it didn't.

6. vasili4 macrumors newbie

Lost my WiFi connection just in 3 minutes after this update! What a speed!

7. Yaboze macrumors 6502a

Yaboze

I can't wait until next year.....

"lol. no one cares!!! El Capitan is old news! El Cap sucks! Bring on Santa Barbara!"

8. SoyCapitanSoyCapitan macrumors 601

SoyCapitanSoyCapitan

OSX versions will be named after breakdancing moves

9. Craigriver macrumors newbie

Tried The Captain on my 2012 Mac-mini. Not having lots of cash I'd not upgraded from 4 gigs to 16 as I'd prefer. So ,with Yosemite my mini would constantly crash on sleeping. After upgrading to the Captain on my mini which is more of a testing ground for me - the issue of crashing daily after sleeping went away. It seemed to come back after the second beta update, but has gone away since the rom upgrade so far today.

I like it so much I installed it on my working Macbook Pro with 16 gigs of ram. No problems encountered thus far (in fact, My Message in-operability which happened in Yosemite was cured). Although some of the Capitan features call for using the beta on my iPhone - I'm not going there just yet. I'll be installing the beta on my iPhone 5 - just to see how it works. If all is well, I'll upgrade my more current iPhone to IOS beta 9

10. ConnYoungy macrumors 6502a

Anyone know if NTFS partitions are editable again? (with third party)

11. Digger148 macrumors regular

Digger148

Spotlight crashing and slow and/or unresponsive/freezing while navigating the Finder are the big ones for myself.

12. Nunyabinez macrumors 68000

Nunyabinez

Nope. None of the 3rd party tools work yet. When people say "the beta works fine for me", I know immediately that they are using their machines in a very vanilla, mainstream way. Not being able to write to an NTFS drive is a pretty serious issue for a lot of people. While it is technically not a bug because it was done intentionally, it had exactly the same effect. I would second the comment that this beta is very buggy. I have submitted more bug reports on el cap already than I did for the entire beta of Yosemite.

13. Lolito macrumors 6502

Lolito

could someone please explain me who can I un-enrol this beta program? I don't like anymore to have to update 5 times before the actual update gets released, it was fun at the begining, problem is that now I don't know exactly how to unrol, and now I get update notification every 24hours.

Thanks in advance so much!!

14. Lolito macrumors 6502

Lolito

15. jezbd1997 macrumors 6502

jezbd1997

Try remove all networks from the preferred list in Wi-Fi, turn it off then back on, reconnect your networks and see if this helps.
    Worked for me!

16. jezbd1997 macrumors 6502

jezbd1997

Thanks for saying that, I won't try the beta out for now then.

17. rohithbasu macrumors newbie

i have a first gen 15" rMBP as well, and trust me, El Capitan is WORLDS better in terms of performance, especially graphics and UI

18. megalaser macrumors 6502

megalaser

Is anyone going to comment on this 10.10.5 release instead of talking about El Capitan? I would like to know if 10.10.5 has improvements or if anyone has had problems with it - thanks

19. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

1. Because 10.11 developer beta ONE was way faster than 10.10.4.
    2. Because 10.11 public beta is less buggy than 10.10.0 was.
    3. Because people like testing the latest features now, now, now.

When the previous "stable" release is absolute garbage its a good motivator to try the next beta.

20. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

El Capitan? Yea its awesome dude, you should try it.

21. SlCKB0Y macrumors 68040

SlCKB0Y

I wouldn't go that far!

22. TLNZstudios macrumors member

TLNZstudios

obviously, there are quite a few here that understand the importance of "Testing BETA" software, and providing Apple with feedback on bugs. Others here, don't have a clue as to why Apple started this program. It's not a gift to your for your bitching pleasure. All of the bitching about bugs here is mute if you don't send the data to Apple. Please, ****, go back to Windows. I doubt you'll be taken seriously there as well if you don't share the data with them. I'm in both programs. They get my data. Period. Hope it helps those who give a damn.

23. throAU macrumors 603

throAU

Eh?

I've had a few issues with Yosemite, finder completely loses the plot on network shares occasionally (off another yosemite box on an apple wifi network - all apple gear).

I wouldn't consider Yosemite stable yet.

24. Four oF NINE macrumors 68000

Four oF NINE

To me, 10.10.5 is a downgrade so far.. it's buggier with dropped wi fi issue.. I never had that one before, and I have to reboot to get it to work

25. xgman, Jul 17, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2015

xgman macrumors 601

xgman

mine came in today and I think I will just ignore some of the ridiculous trolling comments above, mainly since I don't really care what their opinion is on anything.