Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan from 1985

macrumors newbie
Dec 10, 2015
The biggest problem I experienced with 10.2 Beta 3 was the inability to access movies and TV shows I downloaded when offline. Specifically, when I'd be underground on the subway where there's no reception, about 75% time the downloaded movies and shows wouldn't play with the new app. When I was above ground and the connection came back, I could watch. Can't explain why. At any rate, ended up reinstalling 10.1.1 and the problem disappeared.

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Believe this is the release version. 1.82gb on iP6s (OTA), no small letter in build#, and feedback app now removed. Also went through the setup screens with iCloud and Diagnostics etc.

Wondering if they tweaked wifi finally, I always run SpeedSmart speed test and it rocked 422/28. 280-300+ typical. I know those tests are always subjective but I use it as a base to see if something got broken with a particular update. That and Wifi SweetSpots. This beta rocked it so far and certainly didnt break it (again so far :))

Last edited:
Reactions: I7guy

AeroUK

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2008
New York
Has it fixed the bug in the Health app where you were unable to set 5'2" as your height and are we able to play QuickTime movies and sound recording in iMessage and mail now. Would be great if someone could test these out and let us know.

SergeantTibbs

macrumors newbie
Aug 11, 2016
Believe this is the release version. 1.82gb on iP6s (OTA), no small letter in build#, and feedback app now removed. Also went through the setup screens with iCloud and Diagnostics etc.

Wondering if they tweaked wifi finally, I always run SpeedSmart speed test and it rocked 422/28. 280-300+ typical. I know those tests are always subjective but I use it as a base to see if something got broken with a particular update. That and Wifi SweetSpots. This beta rocked it so far and certainly didnt break it (again so far :))
Would make sense that it is a GM, but i'm expecting a fifth beta next Monday or a release of the GM next monday.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
2 gig update. It removed the feedback app. 14c82, firmware 2.41.00 and Verizon carrier 27.0. iPhone 6s Plus.

now i see it

macrumors G4
Jan 2, 2002
All this endless update frenzy to what end?
I'm convinced that the purpose of iOS 10 was to create busywork.
The single best piece of software I've installed on my phone was the AppleTV config profile that stopped the incessant upgrade nagging.
Now with my phone on iOS 9, it has ZERO issues and is once again nice to use now that that damn hectoring has been abolished forever. Ahhhh

rp2011

macrumors 68020
Oct 12, 2010
I'm not a developer but am downloading to my SE, 7 Plus and iPad mini as we speak.

The last beta was one of the only one where it felt really glitchy for me. Nothing major, but not something I had ever encountered since I joined the public beta program.
Hopefully this new updates makes things nice again.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Honestly there could be 7 beta releases for 10.2. No one really knows. It is a possibility but not likely.

Doesn't matter, a feature that big would be introduced in beta 1 so it can be thoroughly tested. NightShift was introduced in beta 1.

Altis

macrumors 68040
Sep 10, 2013
Nothing in this rant is true.

You can make calls from Mac or iPad using iOS 9 or older versions of iOS 10.
Nothing forces you to download Facebook.

He isn't saying he's forced to download Facebook... he's saying he's forced to update iOS in order to get certain apps such as Facebook.

It's probably because Facebook is removing functions from the browser version in iOS, meaning you need the apps to do things like message people on FB.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
All this endless update frenzy to what end?
I'm convinced that the purpose of iOS 10 was to create busywork.
The single best piece of software I've installed on my phone was the AppleTV config profile that stopped the incessant upgrade nagging.
Now with my phone on iOS 9, it has ZERO issues and is once again nice to use now that that damn hectoring has been abolished forever. Ahhhh
It's a beta. Beta updates are fairly regular and expected. Nothing new or unusual about any of it.

As for iOS 9, you should see all the complaining about it in the early days of iOS 9. Similar to how it usually is in the early days of any update. And then by the end of iOS 9 it's now one of the greatest versions ever apparently. Just like by the end of any version it's seen as one of the greatest versions ever when newer ones are out. Nothing new or unusual there either it would seem.

Naraxus

macrumors 68020
Oct 13, 2016
Get over yourself. The Music app has many features. You can't just cram buttons everywhere. It may be multiple taps but everything is clearly labelled now and all of its features work with Siri which is no taps. As for swipe to unlock? That's gone forever. Deal with it.
Many features that are more akin to a hamster on crack than anything of substance and it is certainly NOT all labeled and certainly NOT made clear as to how to use them. I've had to make 5 separate conversations with Apple Support over some of these issues.

Take a wild guess at how many I've had to make with previous os's? I'll give you a hint: It rhymes with HERO

And let's not get started on Siri please which is unreliable at best and unusable at worst.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Many features that are more akin to a hamster on crack than anything of substance and it is certainly NOT all labeled and certainly NOT made clear as to how to use them. I've had to make 5 separate conversations with Apple Support over some of these issues.

Take a wild guess at how many I've had to make with previous os's? I'll give you a hint: It rhymes with HERO

And let's not get started on Siri please which is unreliable at best and unusable at worst.
At the same time there are others that have used Apple support for all kinds of things with various previous versions and other Apple software/hardware, but haven't had much need recently. And others that use Siri for what they need without issues.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California
At the same time there are others that have used Apple support for all kinds of things with various previous versions and other Apple software/hardware, but haven't had much need recently. And others that use Siri for what they need without issues.
Then he's still wrong. Apple never forces you to update in order to download an app. That's up to the app maker, who decides what the minimum allowable version of iOS is.

Reactions: Tech for Kings

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Then he's still wrong. Apple never forces you to update in order to download an app. That's up to the app maker, who decides what the minimum allowable version of iOS is.
Perhaps that was meant as a reply to some other post rather than mine?

That said, while app makers can make decisions about what versions to support, there are some things that Apple influences, like, for example, when Xcode is used Apple makes updates so that when apps are created or updated then because of the updated version of Xcode the minimum supported iOS version can be higher than that which a developer might want to have. That said, as I recall, Apple still provides an ability to have the last compatible version available in the App Store for those who are on older versions of iOS, and I believe that it's up to the developer to make those versions still available (there won't be anything new in those or any fixes or any updates basically, and things might stop working here and there, so they might be pulled because of that).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.