Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GTDaveMac

macrumors regular
Jul 31, 2008
I was just getting used to the haptic feedback on lock! I might post feedback to keep it. It does take awhile to not re-check your phone for a notification, but when you get used to it, it's a nice confirmation that you've locked your phone and prevents butt/pocket dial.

macrumors 601
May 19, 2011
Wow they really couldn't decide on the keyboard sounds could they? I kinda like that different keys have different sounds now though. The new Emojis just look more defined and seem to have more shadowing on them, but nice all the same.

OH! Just noticed they've fixed the keyboard Java issue that was evident in MacRumors amongst other sites. No more jumping to bottom of the screen!

Reactions: Tomapple

OSpazX

macrumors member
Jun 23, 2015
Here's a little strange one....

What's next? The Phone app asking for permission to use the microphone?

upload_2016-8-1_13-14-49.png

Reactions: mwiz123

slippytoad

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2007
I was just getting used to the haptic feedback on lock! I might post feedback to keep it. It does take awhile to not re-check your phone for a notification, but when you get used to it, it's a nice confirmation that you've locked your phone and prevents butt/pocket dial.

+1 on that. It was a subtle reminder your phone is now locked and quite pleasant too.

cmaier

Suspended
Jul 25, 2007
California

If that was the problem they were trying to solve, makes more sense to give a vibration when it detects it's unlocked but in a pocket. Buzzing on lock doesn't solve that problem at all, because absence of a buzz doesn't remind you to lock.

petsounds

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2007
Not sure what's going on with Apple's UI design team, but iOS 10 looks like they purposely tried to create the most generic OS ever. Nothing about it says "Apple". Grey rounded rects everywhere, incredibly dull icons. Boring and lifeless. No personality, no sex appeal.

AppleFan91

macrumors 68000
Sep 11, 2012
Indy, US
Not sure what's going on with Apple's UI design team, but iOS 10 looks like they purposely tried to create the most generic OS ever. Nothing about it says "Apple". Grey rounded rects everywhere, incredibly dull icons. Boring and lifeless. No personality, no sex appeal.
sex appeal with an OS? Interesting. Personally I like it a lot. It is much better than iOS 7-9 which looked like the rainbow puked.

bbplayer5

macrumors 68040
Apr 13, 2007
Or you can patiently wait until tomorrow to get the public beta, or find someone with a profile to share (which I won't post publicly). Don't see the need to spend $100 for licensing and Apple Store submissions if you aren't going to actually make use of it.

True, thanks for the advice :)

Tompkinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
.DE
Not sure what's going on with Apple's UI design team,(...) Nothing about it says "Apple". Grey rounded rects everywhere, incredibly dull icons. Boring and lifeless. No personality, no sex appeal.

Obviously people have different needs; a phone's UI is certainly not a place I seek "personality" or "sex appeal".
"Boring" is fine - as long it gets the job done elegantly, rapidly and safely.
Equally: no problem if the next iphone has identical exterior to the 6.
Speed, memory, camera quality are all important, not the appearance or position of antenna bands.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.