Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple today seeded the fourth beta of OS X El Capitan to public beta testers, nearly one week after seeding the third beta and just under a month after providing the first OS X El Capitan beta to the public for testing purposes.

os_x_el_capitan_roundup-800x409.jpg

The fourth public beta follows the launch of the sixth OS X El Capitan developer beta, which was seeded to developers yesterday. Aside from new wallpaper, no outward-facing changes were introduced with beta six, suggesting it's largely an under-the-hood update with bug fixes and performance improvements.

Beta testers who have signed up for Apple's beta testing program and already have the public beta installed can update through the Software Update mechanism in the Mac App Store.

OS X 10.11 El Capitan is expected to be released to the public in the fall after the beta testing process is complete.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Fourth OS X El Capitan Beta to Public Beta Testers

Chris Arkley

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2014
England
1.43GB on Retina MBP 15. Must say, I'm already noticing massive performance improvements over Yosemite - I just hope they've finally done something about after effects in this release!

Reactions: lionkin

CristianM

macrumors member
Aug 4, 2015
1.43GB on Retina MBP 15. Must say, I'm already noticing massive performance improvements over Yosemite - I just hope they've finally done something about after effects in this release!

AE still doesn't work but you can use CC (v12.2) in the meantime. That one works fine and you can get it from the creative cloud app.

bpeeps

Suspended
May 6, 2011
Can't wait for the final release. Snow Leopard 2.0 hopefully!

I can't wait for the final release so these posts stop. I honestly thought there hadn't been an article update since yesterday. But the lazy MR mod who wrote this article just uses the same picture and video on all of these OS version XX release posts.

Kadang

macrumors member
Mar 12, 2015
Denmark
The way it should be.

Except for the fact that the build number should show 15A244d!

Is public beta behind in build number compared to closed beta testers ? (which i'm running)

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2015-08-04 kl. 19.30.01.png
    Skærmbillede 2015-08-04 kl. 19.30.01.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 280

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
Issues with After Effects will be Adobe's problem to fix, not Apple's. Why do people not get this?
Perhaps because Apple's own apps have been screwed up by El Capitan. Final Cut is acting wonky and Logic has numerous graphics glitches. Downloading the update now; hopefully there's a fix.

I'm sending feedback to Apple every time I find a bug. With Yosemite's Beta, I'd do that a few times a week. But with El Capitan, it's becoming a second career.

Reactions: Lolito

Jeremy1026

macrumors 68020
Nov 3, 2007
That's actually not entirely true. It depends on why it isn't working. For example during iOS 7 betas vine, snapchat and Facebook all were broken and fixed by apple before release.

They were probably using deprecated APIs, and an update prior to the release of iOS7 removed those APIs, meaning those developers fixed their own apps.

Reactions: Kroo

tomnavratil

macrumors 6502a
Oct 2, 2013
I can't wait for the final release so these posts stop.

I don't post these often but you can't be surprised when you think of Yosemite and how many bugs it has. I wouldn't mind paying for an upgrade it the quality was higher.

n-evo

macrumors 68000
Aug 9, 2013
Amsterdam
So, at this point why does Apple even bother having separate Developer Previews and Public Betas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.