MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001
https://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogodarkd.png

iPhoneinCanada notes that, just days after its last developer seed, Apple has released Mac OS X 10.6.3 Build 10D552 to developers. Developer seeding of this third maintenance release for Snow Leopard began in early January.
According to reports, today's build focuses on AirPort, Graphics Drivers, and Quicktime. The build further includes:

- Performance improvements for 64-bit Logic
- Addresses compatibility issues with OpenGL-based applications
- Includes changes to QuickTime X that increase reliability and enhance security
- Improves printing reliability and compatibility with 3rd party printers
- Addresses an issue that causes background message colors to display incorrectly in Mail when scrolling
With dwindling focus areas for testing and the short interval between developer releases, a public release of Mac OS X 10.6.3 may occur in the relatively near future.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.3 Build 10D552 to Developers

enberg

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2010
With dwindling focus areas for testing and the short interval between developer releases, a public release of Mac OS X 10.6.3 may occur in the relatively near future.
With some new hardware to go along with it one hopes.

Comment

robeddie

Suspended
Jul 21, 2003
Atlanta
With quicktime X, I sure hope they put in the option to move the playbar out of the movie frame (a-la quicktime 7).

I find it very annoying to have the playbar appear over my video everytime I want to pause or move forward in the clip.

Comment

fobfob

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2008
graphics drivers? Hopefully they will fix the 8800GT bug. That's a dumb one.

Comment

Jacquesass

macrumors regular
May 6, 2003
OpenGL

Before the complaining about SL ("I'm glad I stayed on Jaguar!") and the wrongly directed bug reports ("This update is useless unless they fix my unique flickering in Address Book!") start - could someone who has actually used this build check on the OpenGL extensions and see if 3.0/3.1/3.2 support has improved?

http://www.hardmac.com/news/2010/01/12/mac-os-x-10-6-3-brings-partial-support-for-open-gl-3-0

ogl3.jpg

Comment

newdeal

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2009

please add trim support and also change quicktime X so it doesn't pause when you try to skip ahead in the movie

Comment

coldplaysucks.

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
With quicktime X, I sure hope they put in the option to move the playbar out of the movie frame (a-la quicktime 7).

I find it very annoying to have the playbar appear over my video everytime I want to pause or move forward in the clip.

So true, this is such a terrible feature. It also gets "stuck on" frequently for me.

Comment

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT

Much Agreed, I find that I need Quicktime 7 for a lot of my Quicktime needs these days. I would love it if I didn't need to have Quicktime 7, Quicktime X, and VLC, Perians, and flip4Mac, flash all installed just to cover my media needs. I'm for competition but I'd sure love to not need all of those installed. Quicktime X should be an awesome media app with all the features in Quicktime 7, but more neatly done, and with more media formats supported etc. I actually miss when Quicktime could handle flash content, as well as other interactive content. okay I'm just rambling ...sorry

Comment

Povilas

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2008
Lithuania
I want Snow Leopard to finally support Huawei modems with their WWAN framework, so I can use my HSDPA modem as I use Airport.

Comment

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
graphics drivers? Hopefully they will fix the 8800GT bug. That's a dumb one.

What bug is that? That's very vague.

Anyway, I'm seeing possibly a Friday release or next Monday/Tuesday. They're giving the devs a chance to make sure the areas of change were corrected and then they'll push the release out to consumers.

Comment

rwilliams

macrumors 68040
Apr 8, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I keep hoping for an update to that piece of crap Cisco VPN that they included with Snow Leopard, and still nothing.

Comment

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
The only bug Apple has actually fixed in the last year is the iTunes password bug with the latest iTunes patch.

When was the last time any of the these security updates actually fixed people's problems?

When is the grainy Top Sites animation going to be fixed?

Comment

arkmannj

macrumors 68000
Oct 1, 2003
UT
You know, I love Apple, I love Mac OS X and it is without question my favorite choice for an OS, but ever sense the iPhone (and now with the iPad) it certainly has felt like Apple's attention and resources have been divided. I just hope that Apple's Computer users won't someday be thought of as second class citizens with Apple.

Comment

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
The only bug Apple has actually fixed in the last year is the iTunes password bug with the latest iTunes patch.

When was the last time any of the these security updates actually fixed people's problems?

Like all the time. I have bugreported more than 30 times over the past 2 years, all of them have been fixed eventually by the point updates.

Comment

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005

Hahahahahahahahahaha! Really? The ONLY bug Apple has fixed is the iTunes password bug? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

What grainy top sites animation? If Apple doesn't know about a certain bug, how are they supposed to fix it? I'm assuming you told them about the bugs you're experiencing right? I'm also assuming that you've tried to troubleshoot the bug yourself by using other Macs and seeing if it affects all Macs or just your machine. Just because you experience a certain bug, doesn't mean everyone does or that Apple even knows about it.

Since we're on the topic... when is Apple going to fix the "minimizing windows to the 2D Dock using the genie effect" bug? They're probably not because I haven't filed a bug report to tell Apple about it. It's not on my high priority list of things to do because I don't even use the genie effect, but I do use the 2D Dock. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday... and even then, it might not even be on high priority to Apple either. They'd rather fix security issues and "real" bugs before they worry about someone's minor visual glitch.

Comment

iBug2

macrumors 601
Jun 12, 2005
Hahahahahahahahahaha! Really? The ONLY bug Apple has fixed is the iTunes password bug? Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

What grainy top sites animation? If Apple doesn't know about a certain bug, how are they supposed to fix it? I'm assuming you told them about the bugs you're experiencing right? I'm also assuming that you've tried to troubleshoot the bug yourself by using other Macs and seeing if it affects all Macs or just your machine. Just because you experience a certain bug, doesn't mean everyone does or that Apple even knows about it.

Since we're on the topic... when is Apple going to fix the "minimizing windows to the 2D Dock using the genie effect" bug? They're probably not because I haven't filed a bug report to tell Apple about it. It's not on my high priority list of things to do because I don't even use the genie effect, but I do use the 2D Dock. I'm sure I'll get around to it someday... and even then, it might not even be on high priority to Apple either. They'd rather fix security issues and "real" bugs before they worry about someone's minor visual glitch.

Not to mention apple doesn't officially support 2D dock anymore. And yes it's a really low priority item even if they know it.

Comment

SimonMW

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2008
As long as it fixes the cock up that broke ATI card functionality in 10.6.2 I'll be happy (and this isn't just isolated to me, it applies to every single person who has a Matrox MXO with an ATI card who can't go above 10.6.1 because of it).

Comment

sharp65

macrumors 6502
Sep 7, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Does it fix the glitch where certain multi touch gestures on the trackpad won't work after coming out of sleep mode? That's been pretty annoying.

Comment

TheSpaz

macrumors 604
Jun 20, 2005
Not to mention apple doesn't officially support 2D dock anymore. And yes it's a really low priority item even if they know it.

What do you mean that Apple doesn't officially support the 2D Dock? What happens when you put your Dock on the side of your screen?... for me, it goes 2D by default. It's a Dock feature and it hasn't changed since Leopard was released. So how do you figure that Apple doesn't officially support it?

Comment

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
Comment

aardwolf

macrumors 6502
May 30, 2007
I keep hoping for an update to that piece of crap Cisco VPN that they included with Snow Leopard, and still nothing.

That version was WAY better than the one included in Leopard. I can now connect from my home in Snow Leopard without using Cisco's client, and I never could with Leopard.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.