Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

160335-10j869.jpg

Apple today seeded a new version of Mac OS X 10.6.7, termed Build 10J869, to developers for testing. The update comes six days after the company pushed Build 10J868 to developers.

According to those familiar with the new build, Apple continues to list no known issues and asks developers to again focus their testing on Safari, Mac App Store, AirPort, Bonjour, SMB, and Graphics Drivers .

With the build increment increasing by only one since the previous build and very little change in file size, Apple may be nearing completion of work on the update and preparing for a public release in the relatively near future. This new build marks the eighth version of Mac OS X 10.6.7 to make its way into developers' hands since seeding began in late January.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Mac OS X 10.6.7 Build 10J869 to Developers

lllll

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2009
once again, Apple is to scare to admit their mistakes and bugs, and refuse to list known issues. You either take it or leave it. :D

zin

macrumors 6502
May 5, 2010
United Kingdom
once again, Apple is to scare to admit their mistakes and bugs, and refuse to list known issues. You either take it or leave it. :D

And what if there really aren't any "known issues"? Perhaps there are some unknown issues still lurking in the builds.
________
Also, what's up with Apple always asking developers to focus their testing on graphics drivers? They've been asking since god knows and we still haven't seen any considerable improvement in public releases.

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2009
iDeaded myself
And what if there really aren't any "known issues"? Perhaps there are some unknown issues still lurking in the builds.

There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2010
There are known knowns; there are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns; that is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns – the ones we don't know we don't know.

lol i had to read urs twice in order to grasp it

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2008
Nothing wrong with updates, all they is improve your experience.. Honestly I'd really like to see more graphic updates, just like in the Windows world, updates are GOOD!! an update can improve performance quite a bit...

nanotlj

macrumors regular
Jan 15, 2008
will 10.6.7 have trim support of macbook air SSD?

The shipped version with 2011 new macbook pro already support trim. Can we suppose 10.6.7 will also bring trim support for SSD in new macbook air?

G4DP

macrumors 65816
Mar 28, 2007
You won't get Lion until Devs have had a long time to move their apps over to it. If not this November, expect it around next June.

You are kidding I take it.

Lion has a proposed shipping date of Summer 2011.

Apple give developers almost 18 months? Now, I want some of what you've been smoking!

As for 10.6.7, if there were no problems from Apples point of view it would have been made available. So there is obviously something still not right with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.