Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
When windows blue comes out, I'll use this one:

Cartoon-Shark-Fish-Pictures-HD-Wallpaper.jpg

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
The email said to check the AppleSeed forums (which are still down) for update info. Looks like probably a new redemption code, I assume it's a full installer this time.

Anyone able to download and install it?

Yes, downloaded and installed fine. Having said that, I haven't seen anything that stands out from DP8, all the minor issues I had with DP8 are sadly still here.

The AppleSeed discussions forum has been working fine here for hours, not sure what problem you're having. Also, in that same email you got look below (just above the "Your Contribution" title) for a link that says "click here to sign-in and retrieve your Mac App Store Redemption Code" and just go from there. The download for me was 5.29GB (5.31GB in info after the download completed) and it's the full installer with no DP or test markings, with a new App Store icon (shows up under purchases after you download it); the title and icon look like a final release product to me. While this most likely isn't the GM, it has to be pretty close to it I think.

tywebb13

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2012
The Mac Dev Center just went down and we get a message saying they will be back soon. Maybe they will release the GM soon.

Attachments

• backsoon.png
    backsoon.png
    19.7 KB · Views: 66

mattburley7

macrumors 68040
Oct 13, 2011
:D guess this is really the GM version.. cant wait for it to be released by the end of the month!

gordon1234

macrumors 6502a
Jun 23, 2010
"OS X Mavericks Developer GM seed" is now available for download in my OS X developer account.

…but the download link is not yet working. I just get the error message below.

gm_seed.png

Last edited:

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
GM Seed is now up!

The Mac Dev Center just went down and we get a message saying they will be back soon. Maybe they will release the GM soon.
I guess all the crying and whining was worth it! They just posted OS X Mavericks Developer GM seed on the Dev site. Also software update now has seed for iPhone and some other goods. Enjoy!

Update: I get an error occurred when I try to get the download code for the seed. I guess they are getting slammed. And now the site is out again.

-Mike

Last edited:

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
When I click "Get Download Code" I keep getting: "An error occurred. Please try again."

EDIT: NOW the page says..."We'll be back soon."

ATC

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2008
Canada
So AppleSeed members got the GM first but it wasn't labeled as such. Weird.

Oh well, using LionDiskMaker 3 beta to make a bootable flashdrive using the GM right now. Seems to be working so far.

mikefla

macrumors 6502
Feb 27, 2011
Ok now finally got code but still didn't see the download. Closed app store, re-opened and now downloading...That was rough....

-Mike

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Great, code redeemed but not listing in MAS. Nice.

NM restarted MAS three times, finally took.

WardC

macrumors 68030
Oct 17, 2007
Fort Worth, TX
I get this funny, icon-less, progress-bar lacking register in my App Store purchases that looks like this. The correct icon for Mavericks shows up in my Apps folder with the correct progress, which should show around 50%. This is really funny. No icon, no progress shown here....but not correct and not true. Weird:

Attachments

• appstore.jpg
    appstore.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 156
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.