Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
I upgraded to this second beta of iOS 10.3 last night, and I've still got a problem understanding how free space is calculated under the new file system: iTunes says I've got 5.2GB free on my 16GB iPhone 6, but a quick look in Settings under General/Informations says otherwise, at 3.6GB.

Why the difference? Does the phone store the whole firmware somewhere, should it need it to restore as a new phone for some reason? If so, it's not a bad idea, but a serious waste of free space anyway.

I too was enthusiastic at first at how much space could be regained by upgrading to iOS 10.3 beta, but now, I'm not so sure...
The free space discrepancies between iTunes and iPhone is an aged issue. Not solely an iOS 10.3 issue. I now only trust the device one, but only use iTunes one for reference.

But the iOS devices do store firmware in an individual disk location. Was a partition before iOS file system was HFS+. 4.3 GB in size.

ffcphone

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Still problematic here...

What's the issue? I use Bluetooth audio in my Mercedes A-Class without issue and Beats wireless headphones without issue and AirPods without issue. Granted the Bluetooth audio in the Mercedes was very stuttery for a while but iOS 10 seemed to fix that finally.

themick4u

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
South Florida
What's the issue? I use Bluetooth audio in my Mercedes A-Class without issue and Beats wireless headphones without issue and AirPods without issue. Granted the Bluetooth audio in the Mercedes was very stuttery for a while but iOS 10 seemed to fix that finally.
Still very stuttery, especially if I launch any app that uses inet. Also have an apple watch paired to phone as well.... I am using a JVC head unit in car and its worked brilliant with older versions of iOS....

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Beta 2 made app store app crash 6 times in 5 minutes, I used siri dictation to search for my apps.

I had that in beta 1

I'm wondering when te beta will expire, for some weeks I'm getting a notification every time I unlock my device telling me there's a new version and I should update.
What happens if the beta expires? Doe my device get bricked or what are they going to do?
Haha, you could disable it tho

Do you really believe your phone will be "bricked" if or even when the beta expires, I actually think it won't expire, reason, they can't "brick" your phone because of *safety.

*Safety: Think 911 or any other S.O.S. number around the world.

ghostface147

macrumors 601
May 28, 2008
This did correct my iTunes, desktop photos app and camera roll videos sync bug. So I'm happy...

ffcphone

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Still very stuttery, especially if I launch any app that uses inet. Also have an apple watch paired to phone as well.... I am using a JVC head unit in car and its worked brilliant with older versions of iOS....

Ditto I have a paired Apple Watch to my iPhone 7 Plus. From around iOS 8-iOS 10 I found Bluetooth audio through my Citroen DS3 and then Mercedes-Benz A250 very problematic with iPhone 5s, 6 plus, 6s plus and then 7 plus. But since iOS 10 and one of the later updates it got better. Apple asked me to submit various device logs to assist in diagnosing the issue. in earlier iOS versions I found turning wifi off solved it which suggests either some sort of interference between wifi and Bluetooth antennas or perhaps insufficient resources were being reserved for Bluetooth audio when wifi was on too.

Submit a bug report to Apple and see what they do.

themick4u

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2014
South Florida
Ditto I have a paired Apple Watch to my iPhone 7 Plus. From around iOS 8-iOS 10 I found Bluetooth audio through my Citroen DS3 and then Mercedes-Benz A250 very problematic with iPhone 5s, 6 plus, 6s plus and then 7 plus. But since iOS 10 and one of the later updates it got better. Apple asked me to submit various device logs to assist in diagnosing the issue. in earlier iOS versions I found turning wifi off solved it which suggests either some sort of interference between wifi and Bluetooth antennas or perhaps insufficient resources were being reserved for Bluetooth audio when wifi was on too.

Like you, I've also submitted numerous bug reports on this issue.... I will try turning WIFI off and see if theres any difference....

Throwing_shapes

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2017
Oxford City
I think he is referring to the initial black screen when opening an app (or settings) the 1st time its opened. Doesn't do it on subsequent openings only the initial one so have to close app/settings then open it fresh to see it.
Yeah that still happens
[doublepost=1486506437][/doublepost]
iPhone 7 here.

・The Touch ID seems much better than beta1. I was getting getting many rejects on beta1, even rebooting every few days.

・The "fade to black" thing when opening an app you haven't used in a while is better but still there. I had reduce motion on, so didn't notice any animation lag, but did notice the "fade to black" thing. Seems like it fades to black instead of doing the animation, but then why not with recent apps? Anyway it's getting better ;)
My Touch ID was bad too - thought it was just dirty!

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
The issue with syncing Movies through iTunes into the TV app on iOS is resolved.

For the love of all that is good, I have no idea why we can't delete downloaded movies/tv-shows in the TV App... why on earth do we have to go into 'Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage -> TV' to do this? :mad::mad::mad:

Art_Vandalay

macrumors newbie
Feb 7, 2017
For the love of all that is good, I have no idea why we can't delete downloaded movies/tv-shows in the TV App... why on earth do we have to go into 'Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud Usage -> Manage Storage -> TV' to do this? :mad::mad::mad:

Go to TV app, select a movie, tap the blue button that says Downloaded and you can remove it from there.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
I had that in beta 1

Do you really believe your phone will be "bricked" if or even when the beta expires, I actually think it won't expire, reason, they can't "brick" your phone because of *safety.

*Safety: Think 911 or any other S.O.S. number around the world.
Technically, Apple does state that the betas are not meant for personal use and should only be used on devices that are for development use only. With that, I could see them letting the beta expire which would probably leave you without a properly functioning phone. So with that, I would update as Apple doesn't have responsibility to maintain emergency services on a phone designated for development.

eoblaed

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Go to TV app, select a movie, tap the blue button that says Downloaded and you can remove it from there.

Thank you for pointing this out, that's a lot better.

Still, it deviates from every other 'delete this thing' paradigm they have and isn't obvious at all. The process of deleting things should be much more intuitive.

mkextremer

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2017
Hello beta testers.
This is my first time posting here, I have created this account only to ask one question. Has the camera issue which made me and millions others make us miss our favorite moments been fixed in the latest 10.3 beta 2 update?
I cannot believe that this device with the latest iOS, A10 fusion chip, 3GB ram which I paid for over $1000 is FREEZING when I open my camera.

tethead

macrumors 6502
Apr 13, 2005
NJ
Same issue as the other answering you had - it just stutters all the time, sort of like static even. Having this issue in an older E-Class as well as a newer M-Class (1st world problems, I know...) - and also not 100% even with AirPods. I never had this issue before the 7+; had a 6+ that was buttery smooth over BT audio.
[doublepost=1486841926][/doublepost]
I've had a bug report open for the past 4 months, and keep submitting bluetooth logs - nothing fixed yet. The only thing which improves the situation dramatically for me is turning off LTE, which is fine since 4G is really good enough in my area, even when streaming audio or video, but I'd much rather not have to constantly mess with my data settings...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.