Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 11.4.1 to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 11, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming iOS 11.4.1 update to developers, two weeks after seeding the first beta and a little over two weeks after releasing iOS 11.4, an update that introduced AirPlay 2 and Messages in iCloud.

Registered developers can download the new iOS 11.4.1 beta from Apple's Developer Center or over-the-air once the proper configuration profile has been installed from the Developer Center.

[​IMG]

No new features were discovered in the first iOS 11.4.1 beta, suggesting it focuses on bug fixes and performance improvements to address issues discovered since the release of iOS 11.4.

We'll update this post should we discover any new features in the second iOS 11.4.1 beta, but we're not expecting major changes now that Apple has shifted its focus to iOS 12, which is also available to developers for beta testing purposes.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of iOS 11.4.1 to Developers

2. Mansu944 macrumors 6502

When is the 12 beta coming out for us public pleebs??

3. Jack Delgado macrumors regular

Jack Delgado

Apple Analytics Somewhere:

[11.4.1b2 Installs]: 0 USERS

4. bluespider macrumors 6502

bluespider

Has anyone figured out what's in this release? I did notice that message in cloud seems a little less than perfect as I occasionally get a stuck unread counter, wonder if that gets fixed in this release?

5. slappypig macrumors member

slappypig

If past history is any indicator my guess would be around the 3rd Developer Beta...

So possibly two more weeks?

6. sharleyP macrumors newbie

I hope they fix a bug with cellular data I have since iOS 11.4. The phone shows full coverage (4 bars) but I have no cellular data. Toggling the airplane mode on/off helps for 10 minutes, then it drops the connection again.

7. Smartietfe macrumors newbie

Smartietfe

8. jclo Editor

jclo

Staff Member

Apple said "later this month" in the press release for iOS 12, so definitely within the next couple of weeks.

9. Rafterman macrumors 68020

Why do they waste resources on still updating 11, and 12 beta at the same time?

10. thadoggfather macrumors G3

thadoggfather

this has often been the case,

I pretty sure not much focus is being put on iOS 11 anymore

its in its final stages, but its still something most people will be on till the fall at the same time,

11. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

Stupid question. But if I have it set to auto update. Does it let me know when it updates to the latest iOS 12 beta?

12. FrenchRoasted macrumors regular

FrenchRoasted

Another stupid question. Do these bug fixes help with a better release of iOS12? How much of the code is common?

13. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

End of summer.

14. bodonnell202 macrumors 6502a

bodonnell202

iOS 11 will still be the mainstream stable release of iOS for about 3 more months. There won't be any new features coming but they will continue with security patches and bug fixes until iOS 12 is released to the public. There's a good chance we'll see an iOS 11.4.2 as well...

15. OldSchoolMacGuy macrumors 601

OldSchoolMacGuy

iOS 12 won't be released to the public until the end of September. That's a long time to make the vast majority of iOS users who are on iOS 11 live with bugs and potential security issues.

Remember that most users are NOT on the newest betas. The average user would be left to suffer for over 1/3 of a year if they didn't bother pushing forward with bug fixes and other updates to the current version of iOS.

16. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

I've been having problems with my Airpods since 11.4. Occasionally the audio cuts out but the player keeps playing. Has anyone else had a similar problem? I'm hoping it's fixed in this update!

17. Baymowe335 macrumors 68020

Because there is a long time until iOS 12 is officially available.

18. GIZBUG, Jun 11, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2018

GIZBUG macrumors 68000

GIZBUG

What battery issues?
    The issue that after every release since IOS 9, people complain of battery drain?

19. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

I have that problem, too, but on-and-off with iOS 11, not just .4

20. GregJohn macrumors regular

GregJohn

*patiently waiting for iOS 12 Beta 2*
    *losing patience*

To those that wonder why they bother updating iOS 11 still.... uhhhh The vast majority are on iOS 11 and just because apple announces iOS 12 (which doesn't come out until usually mid September), doesn't mean there are not security or bug fixes that can't just be around leaving everyone but those testing iOS 12 at risk. Whatever 11.4.1 for example gets in terms of fixes, comes in the next beta of iOS 12 as well, so they aren't really "wasting time".

21. Konigi macrumors member

Konigi

Because I guess we don't want a buggy and sub-optimal 11.4.1 released to the public. Whatcha think?
    (Same applies for 12)

22. robertcoogan macrumors 6502

robertcoogan

23. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68020

My iphone says it is up to date. But since i have auto updates on, i cannot figure out if it updated. Or if it just has not seen the ota update yet.

24. rstackmd macrumors newbie

Agree. Battery issue is extreme on my iPhone 6 since 11.4. Drops 100% to 40% overnight. Spent hours this weekend trying fixes, including three Apple chats. they had me go through the pain of restore---did not help. Don't waste hours doing this!!!!!

25. crodonline macrumors member

crodonline

I've experience this on the 2018 ipad since updating to 11.4. I got this in March, I shouldn't have serious battery drain this early. I was all good until 11.4.