Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS 10.14 Mojave to Developers

Discussion in 'MacRumors.com News Discussion' started by MacRumors, Jun 19, 2018.

1. MacRumors macrumors bot

MacRumors

[​IMG]

Apple today seeded the second beta of an upcoming macOS Mojave update to developers for testing purposes, two weeks after releasing the first beta following the new software's debut at the Worldwide Developers Conference.

macOS Mojave introduces a new method of installing software updates, so after you've installed the first beta from the Apple Developer Center, additional betas can be downloaded clicking on the Apple in the menu bar, choosing "About This Mac" and clicking "Software Update." Alternatively, open System Preferences and choose the "Software Update" icon.

The macOS Mojave update introduces a long-awaited and much-desired systemwide Dark Mode, with Mojave users able to choose between a light theme or the new dark theme. Dark Mode is accompanied by Dynamic Desktops, aka wallpapers that subtly change throughout the day.

Stacks, a new Desktop organization system, keeps all of your desktop files nice and neat, while Finder has been enhanced with a Gallery View, a Sidebar, a revamped Quick Look option and Quick Actions, so you can do more in the Finder window than ever before.

Screenshots can now be edited using Markup tools, while Continuity camera, a new feature, lets you import photos and document scans directly from the iPhone to the Mac.

[​IMG]

Apple News, Stocks, Home, and Voice Memos apps have been ported from iOS to macOS as part of a multiyear project Apple is working on to make it easier to port iOS apps to Macs, and Apple has introduced several privacy protections to keep your data safer.

Apple is also making it harder for websites to track you with a range of new tools, plus there's an entirely revamped Mac App Store that makes it easier to discover apps.

macOS Mojave will be beta tested by developers and eventually public beta testers for several months so Apple can work out bugs and other issues before releasing the software to the public in the fall.

Article Link: Apple Seeds Second Beta of macOS 10.14 Mojave to Developers

2. viettanium macrumors regular

3. waquzy macrumors 6502

waquzy

First one was buggy as hell had to downgrade to HS, hopefully this one will be better

4. nikhsub1 macrumors 68020

nikhsub1

5. macsba macrumors 6502

Will this work on the Mac Pro 5,1 with the proper GPU?

6. tobiastimpe macrumors newbie

tobiastimpe

Finally macOS can now have socks. Been waiting for this since the original iPod ones.

7. DazzaD macrumors newbie

“Apple News, Socks“​

Looking forward to Apple Socks.

Guaranteed incompatibility with all other brands, massively reducing the chances of mismatched socks on a tired morning.

8. moabal macrumors regular

I hope this fixes my "UIKitSystem Quit Unexpectedly" error for me.

9. PowerBook-G5 macrumors 65816

PowerBook-G5

A SOCKS APP?

Does it find all of your lost socks???

Can’t innovate anymore, my ass!

/s

10. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

It's the very first beta of a new OS that Apple didn't even consider stable enough to make available through the Public Beta. What exactly did you expect?

11. chrisdazzo macrumors 6502

chrisdazzo

Build number 18A314h, now available on dev portal.

12. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

Oddly the current High Sierra release is fine. So what exactly are they breaking .. I mean fixing that is worth breaking everything in the process. I don't get it. Why not start from stable and get better as an idea? It defies logic.

13. rslee macrumors newbie

rslee

Can I ask what is consideed to be the “proper GPU” for a Mac Pro 5,1. I asked Apple Support that question last week, wanting to prepare my system for Mojave, and they said they had no answer at this time.

14. pnoyblazed macrumors 6502a

pnoyblazed

got the OTA notification on my Mac to install this beta, but none yet for iPhone

15. macsba macrumors 6502

The GPUs that support Metal. I have the AMD Radeon 7950 which is Metal supported in my Mac Pro 5,1.

16. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

I too was tempted to install but I held off, DP 1 is always buggy and the features aren't really worth having a buggy comp.

17. crackgm macrumors newbie

Well, not sure but it smells like they won't fully drop support for older GPU...
    Hope my mid 2010 mbp will run Mojave

18. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

We've talked about socks from Apple before. Perhaps nose mittens will be next.

19. redheeler macrumors 603

redheeler

This UI is a nice throwback to the old Software Update app, before Apple opted to deliver system updates through the App Store in OS X Mountain Lion. Looks good. :)
    Software Update-More Info.png

20. matamoris macrumors regular

21. Wilburx3 macrumors newbie

Wilburx3

22. TMRJIJ macrumors 68030

TMRJIJ

OSs are usually rebuilt from the ground up to include new features, changes, frameworks, etc.

23. MisterAndrew macrumors 6502a

MisterAndrew

It will not. Support for older non-Metal capable GPUs has been dropped. There are no drivers for them in the OS.

24. dan9700 macrumors 68000

dan9700

No airplay 2 i doubt this public release will even have it homepods are useless on the mac

25. kissmo macrumors 6502a

I had DP1 and I liked it a lot.
    But the MBP got quite hot at times so I rolled back.

I am looking forward for the final release in September (hopefully)