Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

napabar

Suspended
Jun 12, 2008
Sorry to hear about your experience but the consensus is that you're wrong. Plus iOS 7 beta all of the were almost unusable not to mentioned how bad the final release was.

The consensus is, he's right. first beta of iOS 9 was atrocious! Beta 2 seems a lot better.

Reactions: Twimfy

SteveLV702

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada
The consensus is, he's right. first beta of iOS 9 was atrocious! Beta 2 seems a lot better.

see beta 1 other then not so good battery life I had nothing else wrong.... I had no apps crash.... beta 2 now the Apple Remote app crashes once open it and select a AppleTV so for me the beta 2 so far is worse as no have atleast 1 app that crashes don't know on battery life yet though...

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Sep 11, 2011
UK
Same. Any fix for this? Seems some were able to install it

It's likely they've killed the connection to the server which verifies the package before install.

I had the download but was unable to install. I just did a fresh install of iOS 9 and went through the whole watch setup again and replaced the install profile with the new one on the Dev portal (which is dated 23rd) and now the software update for Watch OS is gone completely.

Here's hoping they roll out the new version tomorrow.

Reactions: zaneliu

silverblack

macrumors 68030
Nov 27, 2007
For the record, does anyone know whether the Watch OS Configuration Profile is needed to obtain and install the OTA update to beta 2 from beta 1?

ocyrus

macrumors member
Jun 22, 2007
I just got the OTA update in my "Watch" App, for beta 2. It hasn't been there all day, but just checked and there it was!

Reactions: slierow

slierow

macrumors newbie
Mar 14, 2012
I just got the OTA update in my "Watch" App, for beta 2. It hasn't been there all day, but just checked and there it was!

Seconded, Thanks!
I've had the "Cannot Verify" error all day. I just checked again and it's downloading a new version of the beta.

Reactions: screammacabre

212rikanmofo

macrumors 68000
Jan 31, 2003
How are you guys updating? I still don't see it when i go to software update in the watch.app on my iphone? Is there something that needs to be done in order to see the update?

MobileMikeV

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2015
Beta 2 will play video from, for example, a conversation in messages. I don't recall this being possible on WatchOS 1 or WatchOS 2 Beta 1. Can anyone confirm that this is a new Beta2 addition?

Attachments

• IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 123

zaneliu

macrumors 6502
Jan 27, 2013
Berkeley
Beta 2 will play video from, for example, a conversation in messages. I don't recall this being possible on WatchOS 1 or WatchOS 2 Beta 1. Can anyone confirm that this is a new Beta2 addition?
As something to add to that, can't play videos on instagram still

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.