Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Capric0rn

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2011
Here's a new UI change. It now shows the Music.app icon instead if an "iPhone" icon, which previously had the wrong margins and looked therefor wrong.

Attachments

• DHxQDX9XkAEzVlI.jpg
    DHxQDX9XkAEzVlI.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 7,970

az431

Suspended
Sep 13, 2008
Portland, OR
Does this resolve the storage issues? Public Beta 5 caused my iphone to run out of storage, even after I removed my 6gb photo library.

That was fixed in 6, and can be fixed in earlier versions by backing up to iCloud and restoring from the iCloud backup.

Reactions: PJWilkin

ILikeAllOS

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2011
Tampa Bay
I hate that iOS 11 took away the ability to use reachability and invoke the notification screen from half way down the screen rather than swiping all the way from the top. I used that all the time in iOS 10. I hope they bring it back
Maybe they are adding a dedicated button for notification center so you don't have to swipe anymore?

Last edited:

berrymetal

macrumors regular
Jul 25, 2017
Can't spot anything new
[doublepost=1503338230][/doublepost]
Maybe the new iPhone doesn't support it because of the lack of home button?
Of course, it will have a virtual home button but still, maybe they just added a dedicated button instead or something?

If the new iPhone doesn't need it, it doesn't make sense to remove it on all older devices... (same for 3D touch app switching)

Threejw

macrumors member
Jul 13, 2014
I think apple should turn that apple music icon in the music controls (control center) into a button, when pressed u get to choose diffrent music applications on the go (spotify....) another tap would take u to the application...

It should be as easy as changing speakers (output)....

McTool

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2016
Can iPad "Mission Control" stop crashing now?

Can Safari be compatible with the new Smart Invert?
iPhone SE crashed also with Mission Control. iPad Air 2 not.
Doesn’t crah anymore now.

ronno

macrumors 6502
Nov 13, 2014
One thing I can say about these betas: the 7 Plus portrait mode seems to have improved quite a bit. Much better IQ, less weird artifacts, sharper foreground, and it now seems able to achieve focus closer than before.
Plus the ability to turn off the background blurring effect after the fact (while editing the image.)
Well done there Apple.

Reactions: roboats and kissmo
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.